Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung trade in

(Topic created on: 22-02-2021 03:31 PM)
Ksr
Explorer
Options
Has anyone else traded their old handset in for a new device then not had the returns packaging sent out to you so u can return the old device then get threatening emails saying I'm going to be charged if I don't send the old phone back. After emailing constantly for 3 weeks trying to phone them no one in office then get an email telling me to print the returns label which would be fine if I had a printer. If phoned so many numbers I give the reference I have then being told its the wrong reference. I'm losing my patience with samsung and feel the level of customer services when trying to get this dealt with is non existent day after day trying to sort this out to no avail. #givemestreanth
15 REPLIES 15
Bishop10
Navigator
Options
My trade in return packaging came a week after I received my phone. Why don't you write out on paper the address and make you put the reference number inside. Send it tracked via Royal mail. You shouldn't have to but saves all the hassle.
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, my trade in packaging came a few days before my phone, keep calling customer service & make sure to get a reference number to use as proof of contact, keep sending emails to customer service to proof you're trying to resolve the issue, keep calling until they accept it's them at fault.
Worked for me.
I sent in my device with their return packaging via recorded delivery, it arrived the day after & was signed for, but I kept getting texts & emails saying they still haven't received my trade in device for return, so I kept sending in my proof of receipt about three times until they admitted fault & said that they had received my device.
Ksr
Explorer
Options
hi there! I think it's disgusting how the Mtr group work and can't believe samsung is affiliated with them they are absolutely unprofessional believe me that's what's annoying iv spent 3 weeks trying to get the returns packaging to no avail. Had email verification from samsung I won't be charged as its not my fault but still keep getting threatening emails from mtr group I have gone above and beyond I have countless emails phone call logs you name it to verify iv done everything in my power. so now it's down to them I'm chasing them no more I explained on the recorded phone call that I will take them to court if they hassle me any more with threatening emails.
0 Likes
Ksr
Explorer
Options
simply because if I go out of the constraints or their procedure I'd be liable as explained in their correspondence it's their responsibility to recover the old device. if I deviate away from that and something happens then I'd be responsible.
0 Likes
Bishop10
Navigator
Options
To be honest they send a leaflet with the trade in saying if they don't receive the device or its damaged etc its your responsibility not theirs so don't really thinks it makes a difference. I imagine the most important thing is how to package to prevent damage on transport and using a good courier service with compensation if its gets lost or damaged. The only bonus with them sending the packing is they prepaid for royal mail tracked and they send a bag, about £5 savings.
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, I was just thinking, let samsung customer service send you the trade in returns address via email just incase, so you have proof then go to your local post office get a grey plastic bag from the postoffice & send it recorded delivery so it can be traced.
You can get the same bag as Samsungs returns from your postoffice.
Hope this helps.
0 Likes
BossingIt
Student
Options
I haven't received my pack too and it has been over 3 weeks since I ordered the S21. I requested a postage pack several times via the link in the threatening emails and I am yet to receive one. I have tried emailing and calling Samsung and still nothing. The number they provide you in the texts they send you doesn't even work. It's been a dreadful experience really. only have 3 days left to trade it in and still no postage pack...
ChrisBenq
Explorer
Options
Same here!!! Contacted them and waiting for a response....
Ksr
Explorer
Options
they have already done that but I don't have a printer.
0 Likes