Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung smartphone with ASHA technology

(Topic created on: 05-03-2023 12:35 PM)
Marcin ASHA
Journeyman
Options

Dear Sirs,

Do you have information about the list of smartphones that have ASHA (Audio Streaming for Hearing Aid) technology. The official distributor in Poland has no idea which models have ASHA technology, hence this post.
I know that ASHA technology requires Android 10 and BT5, but unfortunately not all smartphone models with these systems have ASHA technology activated. My questions:
- can ASHA technology be run on smartphones other than S10 / S20 / Note9?
- what is inherent in ASHA, that it is available only in premium models so far
- do you know other models from brands other than Samsung that have ASHA technology

Details for ASHA:
https://source.android.com/devices/bluetooth/asha?hl=en

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Darkidea
First Poster
Options

Hello ! 

I'm wearing Med El cochlear implants that are only ASHA compatible. 

I can only say that it worked for me. I first had to install the medel audio key 2 app, and then manually choose booth of my hearing aid per Bluetooth and it worked. 

Hope it could help! 

Sincerely

Rumelik
Journeyman
Options

I'm amazed there aren't more posts about "audio streaming for hearing *****" (ASHA) on Samsung Devices. I recently started wearing hearing *****, from Oticon and this is one of the first things I looked for. There must be a significant demand, and as is said above, the hardware capability is there. I have a Samsung Galaxy A41 with Android version 12. I am editing this post because some bot has put ***** in place of the word spelled a i d s.   According to Oticon it will work if the phone has ASHA but it is not there on the Accessibility settings.

CJF3
First Poster
Options

Did you find your answer? I am currently trying to figure out the same thing.  This post is 2 years old.   My Samsung is an S20, and in Settings / Accessibility / Hearing Enhancement / Hearing Aid Support there are two options.  The first is to Turn On Hearing Aid Compatibility and a second, Bluetooth Hearing *****, and it leads to a paring screen.  Going to see the Oticon people this week, their site does not mention ASHA, so I will find out Thursday.  I expect to get "streaming" but I don't know if I will get notifications, or hands-free phone service, that is my goal.  Will update this post when I am smarter.

0 Likes
Rumelik
Journeyman
Options

I mislaid my A41, then replaced it with an A52 which was on the Oticon compatibility list. It worked, streaming audio to my Oticon minirite hearing *****.   I did not do anything clever. It only streams media audio and does not work with the phone. Good luck!

0 Likes