Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21

(Topic created on: 14-03-2021 08:49 PM)
TamD
Student
Options
Hey guys! Not long got my new S21 (upgraded from the S10). I love it so far! Just wondering if anyone has any top tips for getting the most out of the camera please?
6 REPLIES 6
Jack1547
Pioneer
Options
Definitely try out the portrait mode. It's improved a lot!
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Head on over to YouTube where there are a number of handy videos on Top Tips for the S21 camera. Here is an example...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

My advice is not to shoot in 108mpx mode and turn on or off scene optimizer in base of the subject. Turn hdr on with the only when needed option. Save pics in .heic and vids in .hevc

Apart from that there is not much you can do exept learn to tinker with pro mode

Archer
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Hi there TamD!.. Your phone has a brilliant camera and I hope you enjoy it big time. I love to experiment with mine and get out in all weathers to use it, as the more I use it the better it seems to perform. Auto HDR is a must to me to enrich my photos with punchy details and contrast in all areas of my shots. Try turning it off yourself if you want a more natural look though. If your phone is the Ultra like mine you can play around with full 108Mp mode in good well kit conditions. You can crop in very heavily in these pictures without detail loss but they take up more memory. I set all my pictures to full screen mode for a more immersing experience especially with the wide angle lense. The zoom lenses are stunning to use also. Video wise I find that outdoor videos shot in 4K 60fps mode look brilliant and smooth and punchy but a little noisy, even more so in low light conditions if your phone is the Exynos version but I expect this problem to be solved via software updates. I am waffling on a bit now TamD so can I just summarize by suggesting that you go out and play with your brilliant new camera and have fun with it and discover what works for you. It really is like having a professional DSLR camera in your pocket. Hope you grow to love your new camera!. 👍👍
TamD
Student
Options
Wow - what an amazing and thorough reply 😍I'm so so grateful for your tips and insights. some very useful food for thought there! it's super exciting having a new phone 🤩
I've attached 3 photos I've taken so far on my phone from a walk the other day 🥰

20210313_123626_27431.jpg

20210313_123922_27440.jpg

20210313_124713_27464.jpg

Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Great pics TamD!.. Your dog looks adorable!.. I live out in the country near a lot of lovely old churches so I have visited these on my walks. They are such peaceful places. I adore the wide angles lense on my camera. Great for scenic shots and for giving depth to pictures. Some of my recent shots.. 👍

Screenshot_20210315-145137_Gallery.jpg

20210210_150536_14703.jpg

20210315_094057_14609.jpg

20210312_095125_14005.jpg

0 Likes