Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 USB not supported

(Topic created on: 24-02-2021 04:19 PM)
MrsWB
Journeyman
Options
Trying to find out how I can use my phone to listen to music on Spotify via the aux in my car. I've tried an aux to USB C cable and also an adaptor but the minute I plug a USB C cable into my phone it come up as USB not supported. How do I get round this?
14 REPLIES 14
ReeceCavanagh
First Poster
Options
it's the same on the s20 fe
0 Likes
MrsWB
Journeyman
Options
what's the solution?
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
it should work via Android Auto.
0 Likes
MrsWB
Journeyman
Options
can you explain a bit more if possible please?
0 Likes
AlexGbr
Pioneer
Options
adaptor which transform type c in normal USB also you can use the Bluetooth car..
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Does your car have an infotainment unit (in-built sat-nav, radio, etc). if so, pair your phone to the infotainment system. you will most likely need to use the cable to connect.

Switch on BLUETOOTH on your phone, then in your infotainment unit, go to SETTINGS, then search for your phone. you will be offered a 6-digit access code on the headunit, which should be identical to the one on your phone. If they match, accept the pairing up process.

On different vehicles, they use different names for the Android Auto option. In my car (Seat Ibiza) it is displayed as MIRRORLINK. If you see similar (your car handbook will tell you where to look), activate it. You should see AA-enabled apps on the screen of your head unit, such as: GOOGLE MAPS, YT MUSIC, etc. Hopefully, you will also see SPOTIFY in this list. if you do, then you should be good to go!! 😊
MrsWB
Journeyman
Options
No I have a BMW 1 series 2011. I have Bluetooth to pair my phone for phonecalls but that's it. only other option is an aux port. no Usb port in the car.
0 Likes
Gavlee2010
Voyager
Options
I had to buy one of these for my car. mine use to work with the USBC to usba car connection with my old S10+ cause my car doesn't have Bluetooth wireless streaming only connects through usb'a.
so I bought this from Amazon it connects to Bluetooth and streams to a channel through your f.m radio and it works brilliant it streams all my music and phone calls through the car stereo again.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07Q82LRDK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_F09DDX3MMY9D6T1WPJ3B?_encoding=UTF8&p...
0 Likes
MrsWB
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for this. It's really frustrating that it won't work via the cable though. so far I've spent £10 on various cables and adaptors and none of it works.