Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 unable to hear phone calls

(Topic created on: 05-02-2021 07:21 PM)
Tilly1994
Journeyman
Options
Since the system update on Wednesday, I can no longer hear phone calls either made by myself or to me. This includes the dial tone. All other sounds are still working including ringtone, media etc. 

This happened and after I restarted my phone, it worked once but having just gone to make a phone call again it's not working. I'm not going to keep restarting my phone every time I make a call. 

Has this happened to anyone else?
109 REPLIES 109
Members_0BOIx4Q
First Poster
Options

I have the same exact problem... So just leaving comment here to get update. It means that it's a Samsung problem

Oregon_Rain
Student
Options

I have had the same problem with my S21.  My first phone had to be restarted 2 to 3x a day to get the phone to work properly.  I am now on my second phone with the same issue.  This time I went 1.5 days till I had to restart.   I just traded in my S9, now I wish I had it back ........... no issues with it at all.

Is this a hardware issue or software ............ need a solution!

Wanderer8808
Student
Options

Same exact issue with my phone.  Happens almost every day..  if I restart my phone it works fine for a while. 

Members_LYecALO
First Poster
Options

I have same issues with incoming & outgoing call connection!!!

Oarag
Student
Options

Same issue S21.. Others can't hear me.. Tried voice recording & it works fine.

But on calls, others can't hear me. Tried to transfer on Galaxy watch and speak from it but that also doesn't work.

So it's not device issue.. Some network/software issue only..

Worst part, after restarting also it's not working. Was working fine all these days.

Wanderer8808
Student
Options

Turns out it is the 5G. In your settings, mobile connection, change from 5g to lte and below. Then it will start to work.

Juan Daniel C
Apprentice
Options

Same issue hear, haven't been solved yet.

Dee2021
First Poster
Options
Yes having same issues. Also, tried to restart my phone. No luck. No one can hear me when they call. Any solutions?
0 Likes
Dee2021
First Poster
Options
Tried that still problem
0 Likes