Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 ULTRA

(Topic created on: 19-08-2021 01:29 PM)
Smartview1
Journeyman
Options
Hi it looks like I'll have to send my phone back to samsung to have the camera repaired does anyone know how long I'll be waiting for it to be returned to me?
10 REPLIES 10
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Probably 2 weeks at least
Smartview1
Journeyman
Options
That's what I'm scared of it'll probably be better to book myself in to a store - eg Bristol
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What was wrong with the camera?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You might be able to book a doorstep repair @Smartview1 

samsung.com/uk/support/repair/ 

Or yes go to a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Smartview1
Journeyman
Options
It isn't working ;( 😢
0 Likes
Mrheights
Apprentice
Options
How long have you had the phone? Also is it a contract phone set up?
0 Likes
Mrheights
Apprentice
Options
If it is less than 6 months you are entitled to a replacement from the contract provider!! Take nothing less than a replacement, it's the flagship model & should work perfectly. I hope you had a cover as soon as the purchase was made or within the week.
That helps to prove that you HAVE been careful & the fault & responsibility lies with them.
Mrheights
Apprentice
Options
Do not wait to have the phone replaced it is a contract & the phone provided should be adequate lasting 18-36 months. So being without a phone isn't on & you need a replacement device immediately. The contract data, minutes & texts cannot be used without a device & no other device is acceptable as the one you have was researched & required for specific work purposes that you carry out!! DO NOT BE FOBBED OFF! The contract & device are very expensive & failure of any kind within 6 months is without ANY shadow of a doubt completely unacceptable. This will be sorted & failure to do so will result is contact with the telecommunications ombudsman to seek their desicion on the matter of your request. Ask your contract which telecomms provider they are regulated by. As I'm positive there are 2 of them, if they say either then contact both of them & explain that is what you'll be doing & the reason why as no specific answer was provided. I believe that is also wrong & can be punished for misleading behaviour & failing to help you in that request. Have all times, dates, names, pictures & explain how you've tried to come to a solution with them but haven't been able to come to a conclusion that both parties are satisfied with & the proposed outcome of this. Stick to your guns. They've got legal obligation & if push comes to shove & it affects work as your phone is needed for that purpose charge them for damages & loss of income etc. etc.
Mrheights
Apprentice
Options
Door step repair is fine as long as it can be repaired! If not follow the advice laid out by myself.
Also ask for a full & written explanation of the fault reported by you, the fault they found, how it was repaired & what parts were changed if any & the name of the part including an image of it taken by you after its removal. Be careful to check for damage afterwards & take images before to prove it's condition. If any damage occurs as a result of their repair ensure you aren't told it was already there. Get them to agree it is in good working order as well before any repairs are carried out & there are no other faults as one could arise as a result of the repair & they must rectifiy them as well. If you don't get an agreed verbal statement, witnessed if possible then get one signed. Be careful.