Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 05-03-2021 10:30 PM)
Aamir sohail
First Poster
Options

When I'm using my phone every time  it  over heats even with just one app open. The phone is very hot to touch 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Betareviewer
Pioneer
Options
When you say hot how hot?
is there a temperature warning displayed when your phone is hot?

What app do you have open?

Games or graphical intensive applications can cause your device to heat up and is absolutely normal, especially if a charger is being used at the same time.

If it is too hot to touch I highly recommend not using it until getting the phone checked.
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
this is a VERY common issue atm.

literally take a scroll down the S21 series forum and you'll find tonnes on these posts

software updates are slowly fixing the issue but it's coming to light there ARE models with more issues though.

Make sure your software is up to date and perform a factory reset without using smart switch. hopefully that will help a bit (also a clear cache in the recovery menu can help a good bit )
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I had to factory reset mine today, it was getting so hot sometimes but I wouldn't notice as I would use the S Pen and hold the phone by the case's metal kickstand (sounds dumb but I don't know how else to describe it). So I was never touching the phone. Usually when I was having a go on a photo editing app I'd eventually notice heat radiating at me like a genuine heater. Insanely hot especially on the back parallel to the camera bump up top.

I can't be 100 percent sure as it's my only my first full charge since doing the factory reset but I'm confident its at a better place now. If it slides back to the old way I'm sending in for a replacement. But it's done surprisingly well and no heat on this cycle at all. Next cycle I'll push it more. People are thinking it's do with the Samsung switch app so it's took all day getting my phone back to normal by avoiding that route.
0 Likes