Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 Ultra - Wifi 6E

(Topic created on: 01-07-2021 10:36 AM)
Madams500
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I have a Samsung S21 Ultra 5G SM-G998B/DS, i also have a 2 x ROG AXE11000 Router. 

I can connect one router to the other via media bridge mode on 6GHz, so i know 6GHz router is working ok and i know i am on the 6GHz range with a spectrum analyser.

I am unable to see the 6GHz on the S21, Why can i not connect to 6GHz?

Thanks

Matt

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

The article I linked to below says it's only available South Korea and the US.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s21-ultra-wi-fi-6e-broadcom-chip/

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
This is a bit strange when you can set WiFi6 when setting the mobile hotspot. Am I missing something?
0 Likes
Online444
First Poster
Options

I have also the same case.  I can't see WiFi6E in UAE while it was advertised it is supported. 

TRA link : https://www.tdra.gov.ae/en/media-hub/press-releases/2020/12/28/the-telecommunications-regulatory-aut...

0 Likes
Saurabh Shukla
First Poster
Options

Samsung Team - Any update on this? I have bunch of Samsung S21 Ultra 5G SM-G998B/DS in India and cannot see 6GHz SSID. How can we make it work? I will have to return all the units if it doesn't work.

0 Likes
Hendrik_NXP
First Poster
Options

Hi there, I am having the same problem.

Imported the new netgear RAXE500 Tri-Band and the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra from the US.

I set the router location to North America and it says in the settings menu that Wifi6 is broadcasting but my Samsung phone cannot find the SSID...

I need a fix for that urgently

0 Likes
navycatzbiscuits64
First Poster
Options

The article is about governments opening up the frequencies, but I was told by Samsung customer services that the s21 ultra, will version does have 6E. I have a 6e router and 6e WiFi card in my laptop and it works fine. I downloaded a spectrum analyser at it said that my device, the s21 ultra did not have 6e capability. I think we have been duped here, or phones don't do what we expected them to

0 Likes
Hendrik_NXP
First Poster
Options

Where abouts are you located ? And do you have the Samsung s21 ULTRA 5g? (just the s21 is no Wifi6e compartible)

I had the same problem and worked full time for a week when finally i came up with the idea to do a complete factory reset in an EMC Chamber. It worked.  In this environment I can see and connect to the 6Ghz band but as soon as I leave the Chamber and the phone connects to any radio station it will disable the 6Ghz ...

0 Likes
exercom
First Poster
Options

I too have Samsung S21 ultra 5G and a ROG AXE11000 Router works fine with my Windows 11 laptop no Regedit or any mods. 

S21 can not See 6Ghz SSID it will see both 2.4 and 5Ghz SSID tech support walked threw reset networks still no 6Ghz then talked about 6Ghz only being available in some areas Last time i checked Canada was still located in North America and yes Canada has approved all Wifi 6e "on May 19 – the government of Canada officially announced that it will release the full 1.2 GHz of spectrum in the 6 GHz band".  

so I'm hoping for a software patch to enable a feature that was a selling point of this model.

0 Likes
Manny Cavalier
Journeyman
Options

Here is the answer:

MannyCavalier_0-1664360525909.png

0 Likes