Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s21 ultra poor music quality incomparrion to the s8+ with AUX cable

(Topic created on: 09-08-2022 08:30 AM)
DDDD2
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, 

I have changed my phone form a s8+ to a s21 ultra. I'm still using a aux cable to listen to the music when i drive.  When i switched to the s21 i discovered that is has terrible sound quality in comparison to the s8+ a lot less bass and the sound is just flat. I connect my s21 with a USB C to aux converter with DAC in it. 

I tried to configure the settings exactly as the s8+ with the equalizer but it still doenst help does anyone had this problem and know the solution? 

what i already did

- download sound assistant and change different settings

- atmos on and off 

- factory reset 

- soft reset 

- different converters

0 Likes
(1)
11 REPLIES 11
Andy3
Voyager
Options
The s21 does not have a 3.5mm jack. Your using a USB-c to 3.5mm this will never sound as good as the 3.5mm Jack. Try cleaning the port on the adaptor and device.
DDDD2
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for you answer. if i use a bluetooth adapter would that be better? 

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Nope worse in fact.you won't get any better than I direct 3.5mm jack/port. That's the problem Bluetooth and dongles will need give you the same audio quality of 3.5mm jacks.
DDDD2
Apprentice
Options

But i tought that de USB C was beter then de aux because it was digital and aux was analog or something. and the sounds would clearer.

So in short the music output of the s8+ is better then de s21 ultra?

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
No you won't get any better than 3.5mm jack. The audio chip inside the device converts digital audio into analog and then sending it to the 3.5mm jack. If the audio gets routed via usc-c port it then gets converted back into digital and that little dongle then converts it back into analog yet again. So it gets converted upto 4 times.
Ricksta
First Poster
Options

I agree. Sound quality sucks on the S21 Ultra for me. My old Note5 has better sound. I use that for music in my car because s21 lacks bass and general quality...even with native or third party EQ

0 Likes
Ricksta
First Poster
Options

Can only get the full benefit of uncompressed digital audio if you go to another usb-c device

0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
It's not the device that lacks base its your car audio that lacks base. I have 2 12inch subs in the boot I get plenty of base even with low quality songs from YouTube music. If you not getting the base you like time to upgrade your car stereo!
0 Likes
Ricksta
First Poster
Options

I have an Audio Set up hence I can tell the difference between 2 devices. When one device sounds better than the other when all other constants remain the same, you cannot tell me the issue is with the car stereo. besides its not the car stereo alone. The difference is also noticeable on headphones whether they are wired in or bluetooth.  

0 Likes