Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung S21 Ultra November Update - One UI 4 LAG fixed?

(Topic created on: 01-12-2021 05:22 PM)
VST007
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

Hi guys,

I just got the very first official November update to the One UI 4 (Android 12) for my Samsung S21 Ultra!

And of course... I had to put it to a test! I think some of you might like it, specifically regards to reducing the LAG on the main One UI 4 interface and camera opening/closing.

Video Quick Guide:
00:00 - Intro
01:40 - Firmware ChangeLog & Installation
04:00 - Boost Apps with Good Guardians
04:54 - Samsung Apps Version Check
06:46 - Geekbench Testing
09:03 - Widgets Opening
10:01 - Apps Opening
12:00 - Games Opening
13:00 - Wrap up and Video Outro

 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ironass
Big Cheese
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

What lag have Samsung fixed on the Exynos S21 devices. Never had any lag on the previous update, BUK8

 

The only reported lag is on the U.S.A. Snapdragon s21 devices...


"Curiously, the bug only seems to affect S21 devices using Qualcomm Snapdragon SOCs, as owners of S21s running Samsung's own Exynos chips have not reported any such issues."

Source... androidcentral



-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 16/512GB (G998B D/S) CSC=BTU
0 Likes
VST007
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

You are lucky! I experience a lot of micro stutters, even with this latest firmware. It`s getting better, but Samsung still needs to push for excellence in that area.

0 Likes
VST007
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

No, it`s not the so called "refresh rate" bug - the whole UI in general is plagued by lag/stutter - when opening/closing camera, when jumping from home to home settings, when even swiping down the notifications and the quick toggles.

I compare it directly with my Pixel 6 running Android 12 and with an old iPhone 11 running iOS 15.1 - it`s getting better - but still not there.

0 Likes
ironass
Big Cheese
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

The refresh rate bug, also called the lag bug, is pertinent to the U.S, Snapdragon chipset where it is, hopefully, just receiving a bugfix update of BUKF. The refresh/lag bug defaulted the screen on these phones to 60Hz when scrolling, thus causing the lag. I am sure that if this was a major issue on the Exynos devices, we would have seen this forum swamped with posts about lags other than those generated by poor updates or outdated apps. 

"I experience a lot of micro stutters, even with this latest firmware."

You seem to have answered your own question as regards the BUKG update. Maybe the solution to your lag issue lies elsewhere. 



-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 16/512GB (G998B D/S) CSC=BTU
0 Likes
VST007
Navigator
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

Can you check my video and reproduce some of the checks? I am running WQHD+@120hz - 98% of the cases the interface is smooth AF but in the other 2% I experience lag.

I dont think it`s an issue in general as this is not really even spotted by regular users. But I am comparing the Tensor to the Exynos2100 and the Exynos2100 should be indeed more powerful but One UI is just heavier then stock Google Android - this is how I explain it.

Also the animations - One UI (specially 4) has many transitions, blur added - wallpaper zoom in/out and panning and it`s normal for this micro lag (stutter) to occur.

So I d guess it`s not a regular issue as in 98% it`s ok. But the 2% are annoying, examples:

- Swipe down anywhere to get notifications down

- Long press on home screen to enter launcher settings

- swipe left on home to access google

 

Pls check for those scenarios on your device as per my video and let me know if you don`t encounter any of it.

0 Likes