Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 Ultra not connecting to network even after factory reset

(Topic created on: 24-10-2022 08:37 PM)
Members_D1VTybO
First Poster
Options

My Samsung S21 Ultra SM-G998B/DS - Upgraded to Android 12 (one UI 4.1) on Oct 5th, 2022

Dual SIM - neither sim is connecting to network with "Not registered on network" message, sim works without issues on another handset, and any sim I put in to the S21 Ultra i get the same issues.

I have tried,
Rebooting 
Setting into flight mode
Removing sim, swapping sim (even with different network providers) 
Going into sim toolkit, force stopping/ clearing data and cache (with and without sim)
Tried manually selecting Network Operator (not available, please try again later)
Resetting network settings
Factory Reset from General Management
Wipe data/factory reset from Android recover 

What I have noticed is when in sim card manager - Calls and Message are greyed out Mobile Data is selectable

After all of this, sim/sims are still not able to access network - Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi calling are working without issues 

Please help 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ScrappyCocos
Navigator
Options

Hi,

In this case, you might need to contact support through Samsung members app on your phone. The chat there is open 24/7.

" If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0 "
0 Likes
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
In settings and about phone at the bottom is your IMEI visible if you have just zero then for some reason your phone will be blocked
0 Likes
Devendra
Student
Options

I am facing the same issue. The VI sim works normal on my other devices and I have not observed any issues but with this S21 FE there are problems.

When inserting the VI sim, the battery is draining fast also there is not showing any network.

So, I went to VI center and exchanged the sim card with a new one but that is also not working in this Samsung galaxy S21 FE but the same sim card is working fine in other devices.

Even I also did all the troubleshooting steps mentioned like network reset, safe mode, aeroplane mode, and at the end I did factory reset but still I am facing the same issue. My VI sim card is not at all working in this device. I have purchased this phone just 2 weeks ago.

Can someone please provide me any genuine solution?

0 Likes
ScrappyCocos
Navigator
Options

The VI sim it's an e-sim, in Samsung S21 FE technical specifications, the e-sim is not supported.

https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s21-fe/specs/

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s21_fe_5g-10954.php

0 Likes
ScrappyCocos
Navigator
Options

Hi,

Try the following steps and see if it works

https://www.moremins.com/en/install-esim-on-samsung-galaxy-s21

0 Likes
JBradshaw
First Poster
Options

I dont understand why this problem has just happened randomly. I have been running an esim for over a year with zero issues.

I have tried to diagnose the issue through my mobile carrier and they blame the phone.

My connection fails about 40 times a day and each time I have to apply airplane mode then turn it off to reset it. During the time the connection drops out my sim status is suspended

0 Likes