Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 ultra network ISSUES after 30th November update

(Topic created on: 08-12-2022 08:01 PM)
Stefan90
Pathfinder
Options
Since the last update that Samsung has made to the device flagship Samsung S21 ultra my phone dosen’t work anymore. 
After the device has updated itself to the security patch on 30th November the network phone has failed to start with my carrier or any other SIM.
The phone doesn't work anymore. But the SIM works in a different phone.
I tried talking with my provider Vodafone and we tried 
teverything from reseting the network from sending me a new SIM still it doesn't work 
My question is what do I have to do I went to my provider which is Vodafone and they have told me that "we have" to send the phone to the repair service centre. But 
since I pay my insurance to the phone I just want my phone to be changed to a new device . 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
1. Make sure all apps are updated in both samsung and Google store.

2. Learn to do a WIPE CACHE after each update.

Solves most issues unless in your case its something to do with Vodafone branded software.

The above two have served me well so far.
0 Likes
Stefan90
Pathfinder
Options
Hi @GoanGeek and thanks for replying so quickly to my post. I have done all the above.
- Trust me I am with Samsung products from the tablet/tv/ sound bar and really enjoy the products.
- But this issue has been since this security patch, because in 2 years almost with my S21 ultra I have never been disappointed or had any issues up until the update.
0 Likes
Stefan90
Pathfinder
Options
Yes I have.
We done it in the vodafone store. Also we did network reset and a different sim and a different carriers and also my sim in a different phone than works perfectly
0 Likes
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
Have you tried in both sim slots and see if perhaps the IMEI got blacklisted?
0 Likes
armegatron98
Journeyman
Options

I've got the same / a similar issue. Do you find things work if you've only got one SIM in the phone? 

My issue seems to occur only when two SIMs are put in the phone, and it only affects 1 of the 2 SIMs. I've just added a thread detailing my issues and steps I've taken to try and fix it, including a brand new S21 which also has the issue. 

Stefan90
Pathfinder
Options
I have been to Vodafone today and they gave me a number to call because I have insurance. I have managed to talk to reprimand came my insurance on the phone. They will deliver to me a new phone with DPD in 24 h. And I will trade the old one. The only thing that bothered me is that Vodafone told me that I have to send to the repair shop.
0 Likes
Lajtning
First Poster
Options

And thats bull****, its issues with The Phone, got The same ***** where The network just stops working and I live in Sweden. 

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I use lebara (which runs on the Vodafone network in the Uk) and haven't had any issues as such.

My phone is direct from Samsung so no carrier branded stuff.