Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 Ultra fragile screen

(Topic created on: 27-08-2022 12:11 PM)
Naddy1
Student
Options

I have been using my Samsung S21 ultra and I love it.! I don't like however.. how easy it is for the screen to crack.  I'm using a screen protector and my phone fell and the bottom  left area of the screen beneath my screen protector cracked.  I think these screens are faulty... This isn't my first Samsung phone that fell.. But it's the first to crack so easy.  I'm very disappointed with this feature as this phone is very expensive over priced in my opinion 

6 REPLIES 6
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I have to agree... my heart in mouth when I have dropped my phone in the past...

Unfortunately phones these days are all made of glass... as consumers demand for the best looks and build quality. There was only little risk years ago when phone screens were plastic 😉

Don't be fooled into the 'gorilla glass' term... any glass on a phone either on the front or back... is hardly 'gorilla'.

If the phone is not suitably covered by cases and screen protection... and even if you have made those measures and are unlucky with how it lands.. when the phone is dropped onto a hard surface it is at high risk of smashing.

I have used my S21U since Jan 21... and so far no breaks 🤞... although it has fallen from table height in the house a few times.

I always insist on a case and a Whitestone dome protector... due to its glass hardness. And I have samsung care covering it if it does smash.

If you look at everyone's phone around you... so many have cracked or broken screens... so it isn't only samsung... apple and others are all just as susceptible.

Smiley
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
Dropped my phone a few times and no broken screen here. I have no screen protectors on it! I removed the factory installed one not long after I got it. When you drop your phone it's a lottery as to whether it gets damaged or not.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Naddy1
Student
Options

Lucky u my friend!!!! I'm in Trinidad and Tobago definitely my phone isn't from UK

0 Likes
Peacefrog
First Poster
Options

Ive had similar experiences to those listed here. Last Galaxy purchase for me. $350 is gouging, Im moving on to the stronger built iphone.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I agree the screen is poor I had mine in a tough case and had a tempered glass screen protector and glass back broke and screen broke. Had new back and screen fitted and same again back broken and screen cracked. Will never have another Samsung. Going back to iPhone as never had a issue with them, I would say I have looked after this better than any of my previous phones, even had a hauwie phone and that was better that this s21 ultra.
0 Likes
Aaaron
First Poster
Options

I'm so frustrated, just broke screen again on my s21 ultra, this is the 4th time! I previously had a note 10 plus, it was built solid! 

I can't believe this isn't a more public issue, Samsung, you should acknowledge and accept responsibility for this obvious design flaw...  

0 Likes