Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung S21 ultra Face ID and Touch ID is very slow

(Topic created on: 25-12-2021 07:23 PM)
umairnow
Student
Options

I have noticed that Face Id unlock is too slow or sometimes never recognise my face to unlock. While touch id is also problematic and asks to press harder each time. I have never faced this issue in my S10 phone. How can I fix this. Any help would be highly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@umairnow: If you use your face as a screen lock method, your face cannot be used to unlock the screen for the first time after turning on the device. To use the device, you must unlock the screen using the pattern, PIN, or password you set when registering the face. Be careful not to forget your pattern, PIN, or password. Consider the following when using face recognition:
• Consider the conditions when registering, such as wearing glasses, hats, masks, beards, or heavy makeup
• Ensure that you are in a well-lit area and that the camera lens is clean
• Ensure your image is not blurry for better match results

If it still isn't working properly, please head to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Face Recognition > Remove Face Data > Remove, then re-scan your face. To enhance the feature, select Add Alternative Look and add an alternative image. 

lemontop
Explorer
Options
Totally agree with you. The face unlock and fingerprint was faster on my S10 plus.
umairnow
Student
Options

I have removed and added new FaceID and also have added new look. I have added 4 Touch IDs but It always asks to press harder

0 Likes
grilo67
Navigator
Options

On settings - Display,  there is an option to increase touch sensitivity. Try activating this!

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
This FP scanner is the fastest and best FP I've used on any phone. Accuracy is best by far. Face ID like most single cam setups I find very hit n miss.

I've got all 4 fingerprint setup for 4 individual digits. Each one work almost flawlessly in any orientation so I've been impressed with it. All my previous on screen FP phones haven't come close (Mate20Pro, P30 Pro, Note10+5G, S20Ultra).
0 Likes
tonik51
Journeyman
Options
Hi all
I have s21 ultra
Because of the job I do I always had to have flagship phone for various reasons
I have to say I never expected this bad face Id as it is on the s21 ultra
Is an embarrasmend for samsung
Sometimes it doesn't work at all and when next to colleagues I feel stupid
0 Likes
COYooper
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with both unlock options,  I have held the phone in the exact same place after the face detection process and it still can't recognize my face.  IF I press any harder I will break the screen. My S9+ was much more reliable for both the face I'd and fingerprint recognition. 

0 Likes