Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 Ultra camera quality is shambolic!

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 04:24 PM)
frankcalid
Journeyman
Options

I have just received the Samsung S21 Ultra 512gb and I must say the quality of the photos taken by the camera are shockingly bad, I compared them to my Note9 and they are much more sharper. I don't know whether it's a software update related issue but I will most likely return my phone if there is no improvement in the next couple of days.

Is anyone else experiencing the same? 

19 REPLIES 19
j123456789
Pathfinder
Options

Did you send the earbud pro and smarttag back too?

0 Likes
frankcalid
Journeyman
Options
I was initially advised to send everything back, but then I was told that only the phone was needed to be be returned.
0 Likes
Simmo71
Pathfinder
Options

Did you do a trade in? I am thinking of returning but did a trade in (haven't sent it off yet) but what happens  if I do return, they won't send my old phone back so do they refund the full price?

I just tried covering up each lense when selected and it did block each lense correctly, trying to work out how to check if the lser focus works but covering it up makes no difference, any ideas?

0 Likes
frankcalid
Journeyman
Options
yes I returned those 2 as advised by customer services
0 Likes
frankcalid
Journeyman
Options
So after a very circuitous journey I have had to re-purchase the phone online and regarding the promotional offer which now falls outside of the date range, I was given vouchers which equate to the price of the earbuds and smart tag. (which was quite nice as I preferred to top up and purchase the galaxy watch 3 instead).

I can definitely confirm it was a hardware issue as the new phone replacement I have received churns out amazing photos which really impressed me.

Overall its a solid phone and I look forward to using the deluge of features it offers, just one small gripe is the integration with Onedrive is still flaky and will need some time to meld together seamlessly (Samsung cloud for photos and videos ends in a few months and users will have to make the move over to Onedrive) - even though Google photos does a better job.
Simmo71
Pathfinder
Options
Are you able to post some comparison pictures from the old phone and new phone for us to see please?
Great news you got it changed and are now happy with your phone.
K Dimov
Voyager
Options

Yes, please. As @Simmo71 said. Could you please post comparison pictures? 

Current: S24 Ultra 512GB Titanium Violet | Old: S21 Ultra 256GB Phantom Black
0 Likes
Itbvolks
First Poster
Options

I'm also curious - who did you contact regarding service as I've got some potential issues that need addressing and have thus been unable to find a proper warranty contact.

0 Likes
joeysm2
Student
Options

I agree!! I'm coming from an S9 and I miss my S9 camera all the time! I'm so extremely disappointed.  I don't take photos as often as I used to. I just feel discouraged to take photos now. It's so sad. I mostly take photos of people and mirror selfies (using rear camera). The images look so weird. It makes skin look so blurry and weird. It feels as if it's removing information...but at the same time, why are the images so contrasted??? I have to decrease the contrast and highlights + lessen the blacks and shadows to get what I want and even then I can't fix the skin problem. I've been trying to toggle the settings with scene optimizer and HDR and it still sucks! Even taking photos of objects is bad. I'm so extremely frustrated and disappointed that I made a Samsung Community account just so I can post about this. Samsung, please!! Are these cameras just all fluff to you?

perj
First Poster
Options
Couldn't agree more with this! Shocking camera quality on all levels.
I had my phone replaced but same poor camera quality.
Technician came out and his best response was "wait for a software update".
Considering the price and how this was sold as the best camera phone on the market, I am less than impressed