Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 Ultra 5G DUAL ESIM

(Topic created on: 14-04-2021 07:53 PM)
Bevvzy
Apprentice
Options

Recontracted with optus 9 days ago. Got sold on the idea of having two numbers on one phone ie th ESIM and a physical sim.  After 9 days of fighting optus, 11 attempts at giving them one more chance to activate the ESIM,  I finally got on to The telecommunication ombudsmen today as am classed as at high safety  risk with no phone, ie paraplegic living alone, the ombudsmen intervened straight away and they are being forced to cancel contract and take phone back.   Finally, after 11 days without a number.

It seems they are agreeing, like they really have no choice now. .   BUT  the reason I created this blog was because optus funnily called, within one hour of the ombudsmen and optus said that they just wanted me to know, they claimed its NOT AN. OPTUS FAULT BUT  THERE WERE KNOWN WIDESPREAD ISSUES WITH PEOPLE BEING UNABLE TO ACTIVATE ESIMS ON THE S21 ULTRA!!

I would have expected, if this were so true, why Samsung have not done some recall. So I came on here and can't seem to find ONE SINGLE  post re issues activating an ESIM.  I think it's just optus trying to shift the blame as the tele ombudsmen is involved, BUT  if it was true, why did they treat me like a technically challenged ***** for  11  days and refuse to take it back. So I think they may be just shifting blame to Samsung but would like to know if others had issues with this, seeing its so " widespread*

7 REPLIES 7
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The "issue" regarding eSIM is related to the US model of the S21 and has nothing to do with the Exynos version (as far as I know).
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
All networks are the same... they will try their best to keep you... beyond certain timescale so that its harder to leave them. Glad you got it all cancelled... and it's sad that you had to get the Ombudsman involved but sometimes that is the only way.
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I activated a Vodafone UK Pay Go eSIM last night on my S21 Ultra and I had no issues.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Sounds as though you have the single SIM U.S.A, Snapdragon model of S21 Ultra.

The global, Exynos, model comes with a dual SIM slot and an eSIM. However, only 2 SIM's can be used at a time, i.e. 2 physical SIM's or 1 physical SIM and the eSIM.

Unfortunately, the U.S.A. models do not have the necessary software to support dual SIM's that the global model has. See screenshot...

SIM card manager-Call settingsxxx.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Bevvzy
Apprentice
Options

Thanks what made it so much worse was they couldn't fix so said to go into the optus store. That could could manually do the ESIM via scan.  When I went in, I'm a paraplegic, the guy did these really exaggerated head and eye movements, head to foot plates and said " why would you want an ESIM  any, mostly dual. Sim phones are for working  people or those who have a business" I stared him down and said "don't assume because a person is in a wheelchair or has any disability they don't have a job or business". I do in fact have a small, single person only, home internet business.  All the customers heard but he was so moronic he thought they were looking at him thinking he was funny, so he gave a sort of little laugh...... That's not how they were looking at him. Do from what I've heard since it has no other report issues if being unable to. Activate esims.  They just made that up to me  when the telecommunication  ombudsnen got involved. If it were true ie a well known and widespread issue with Samsung, the ombudsmen would have been very aware and wasn't and, as I retorted back, then why are you still selling them under lockin contracts....  Thanks!!   Really wanted to switch to a month by month post paid  sim with telstra but had to go back to optus first to get my number back.  As it was disconnected and apparently companies own certain numbers... Weird. Then optus argued with me I couldn't get my own number back as I had it disconnected. I said, no, that was your fault, I've had the number for 7 years, all my support carers, oncologist etc... All have it. Worse than trying ty o move house. Told me impossible, they even cracked a joke " go toThe ombudsmen" , I laughed and said maybe I will as you have a recording the other day, after cancelling, saying I could, IF. I stayed with optus on a post paid monthly sim plan.  Guess what, 15  minutes later, got my own number back 😜😜😜 wasn't without its errors though..... Once again. They accidently sent another ESIM download.... Despite the fact they said would put the sim in the mail and that they knew it was a s10+ my previous phone.  Wow and they are a "communication" provider., with massive communication issues lol

0 Likes
Bevvzy
Apprentice
Options

No definately the regular galaxy S21 ULTRA 5G DUAL SIM  physical and esim.... Two numbers one phone pitch.     Just a screw up with optus.  (australia) 3 year optus contract. Ombudsmen looked at all our hours of chat etc and said they had not only misled me in o recontracting by clearly stating two numbers but only one plan needed..... I specifically asked that and as it was through chat, I had the transcript. But that also they were unable ty o provide the service it was designed for.... So contract or not, UNDER ACL OR ACCC  Australian Consumer Law, they had no choice. So got the prepaid return satchel yesterday and it's gone.!,,   THEY had to cancel. The contract. Kept saying no, I told them I had done my research and they had no choice..... Shame for those that may not know how to research the different consumer  laws, may have reading difficulties or poor English. comprehend them etc....  They just likely give up 😢

0 Likes
Pimerito
First Poster
Options

Agree. I asked Samsung Support and they confirmed that incredible bug.

Other models mork except USA one.

0 Likes