Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 Galaxy Buds promotion.

(Topic created on: 09-02-2021 06:31 PM)
Peterev
Journeyman
Options
Hello,

I've just bought a new S21 Ultra from a guy on eBay and he hadn't realised that Samsung were running a promotion for free ear buds and smart tag. As the claim needs to be submitted through this app, I wondered if that's even possible now as the receipt from EE is in his name.. Any thoughts?

Thanks.. 
0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
Bishop10
Navigator
Options
Maybe just give it a try the worst that can happen is that the claim gets rejected.
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
true hurts
0 Likes
Peterev
Journeyman
Options
Yes, that's very true, nothing ventured.. Thanks.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
if the guy is contactable you probably could but it would go to his address so unless he's a very nice man who will then send them to you I don't think it will happen
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
just read the above comment he would be able to get for sure
0 Likes
Peterev
Journeyman
Options
Thanks but I'm happy that he gets them, he didn't advertise the phone with them so was just trying to be nice. I think the problem is his name obviously differs from the name on the members app and that's where you make the claim. I suppose I could log in using his Samsung account details, that might work..
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
maybe but I think the members app automatically logs in as you and thats that kinda thing, or if he has a samsung phone he could do it on there himself
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
what the guy has probably done has got the upgrade to cash in on the phone, I do know what you mean tho about ebay I have been attempted conned on there a fews times have since removed ebay but I think in this case he's safe with it only coming out a few weeks ago
0 Likes
Peterev
Journeyman
Options
yup, maybe so and I also wondered if the app confirms the phone's serial number or IMEI number to validate the claim but I might be over thinking that..
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I don't think it will be as clever as that but there is no harm in giving it a go, if it doesn't work you won't get into trouble he just won't get his buds