Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 FE not able to set individual app notification sounds

(Topic created on: 26-11-2022 06:19 PM)
maxlime
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I am not able to set individual app notification sounds on my phone. This is for all apps - it seems like i am missing options under the notifications menu. 

Hope somebody can help me with this :smiling-face:

10 REPLIES 10
AshP_
Options

Hi @maxlime, you can set individual app notification sounds by doing the following:

1. Settings.

2. Apps.

3. Select the app you'd like to change the sound for.

4. Notifications.

5. Notification categories.

6. Tap the notification type you'd like to change, e.g. Messages or likes.

7. Sound.

8. Choose your preferred notification sound.

Cassie W
Journeyman
Options

Absolutely garbage default response. I have the same problem, there IS NO OPTION FOR SOUND WHEN YOU ARE LOOKING IN EACH APP. 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Cassie W ,

I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment. Can you please confirm what software version is your S21 FE? You can check this from the phone Settings> About phone> Software information. 

0 Likes
Cassie W
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for responding. See attached. 

Screenshot_20221126-131912_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Cassie W
Journeyman
Options

Also this is what it looks like to me when I try to modify an app

Screenshot_20221126-132035_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Thanks for the screenshots, @Cassie W. Which options do you see when you click into Notification categories?

Furthermore, please can you check to see whether there's a software update for your S21 FE?:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-update-latest-software-for-your-galaxy-mobi...

0 Likes
Cassie W
Journeyman
Options

It says I am up to date. 

Screenshot_20221126-145230_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

That's great, @Cassie W. Thanks for checking, and I appreciate you showing another screenshot of the menu you see.

If you click into each of the separate headings within Notification categories (e.g. Others, Messages, Incoming calls etc.), you should see an option called Sound. At this point, you would be able to choose your preferred notification sound.

Please let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
Cassie W
Journeyman
Options

Wowwww clearly I need more patience. That's pretty far down into the options. Thank you for walking me through that.