Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung S21 FE 5g has two phone numbers and one sim card

(Topic created on: 24-06-2022 05:43 PM)
lotus123
First Poster
Options

My phone carrier's sim card in my new S21 phone has the correct number from my old S10E phone.  With the replacement phone you can go to settings about phone and there is a completely  different number that should not be there. If you call either of the numbers from another phone, the S21 phone will ring and can be answered.   If you call or text a friend, the incorrect number will be displayed. If they text using that number the reply will not be received.  There is only one sim card in the phone. How can I get rid of the bogus number that is in "about this phone"?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @lotus123 ,

our Samsung phone reads the phone number originally assigned to the SIM card and if you are no longer using that number (such as when you've ported over your old number to use with the new SIM card) your phone will no longer know what number you are using. Your phone in this case will list your current number as 'unknown' or present the number originally assigned to the SIM card.

This information cannot currently be amended due to how the Android operating system registers a number to the handset upon first use. The issue may be resolved in a future Android software update, but until then rest assured that it has no effect on your device's functionality.

View solution in context

1 REPLY 1
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @lotus123 ,

our Samsung phone reads the phone number originally assigned to the SIM card and if you are no longer using that number (such as when you've ported over your old number to use with the new SIM card) your phone will no longer know what number you are using. Your phone in this case will list your current number as 'unknown' or present the number originally assigned to the SIM card.

This information cannot currently be amended due to how the Android operating system registers a number to the handset upon first use. The issue may be resolved in a future Android software update, but until then rest assured that it has no effect on your device's functionality.