Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 Battery & Phone not fit for purpose!

(Topic created on: 30-07-2021 02:25 PM)
CrazyCat1990
Navigator
Options
So, it's a new S21, two weeks old, first time around I let it learn my usage pattern, did all the batter optimization, turned off 120hz, restarted the phone everyday, installed all the apps i.e. good guardians etc and I would get 18 hours of battery with 3-4 hours SoT, phone was not useable for work or personal life, it needed to be recharged mid afternoon. All updates uptp date

Reset the phone back to factory settings, only installed WhatsApp and Gmail, bother with background usage off.

Took off the charger this morning at 9am with 100% battery , went to work, used Google Maps on and off, and now, it's 1:45 pm the battery is at 11% with SoT of 2hours19mins.

This has to be a joke right?.

P.s: Before anyone says, do this, do that, try this, try that etc why should anyone have to? The phone should come working as intended or advertised and then you can argue that a random 3rd party app is eating battery life, which is a fair argument

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @CrazyCat1990 ,

that doesn't seem to be right to me. Can I ask what charger are you using? I can also see that One UI home has been working in the background for more than 4 hours, is the phone software and all the apps running on the latest version available? 

Check if there are any pending software updates from the phone Settings> Software update> Download and install.

For the apps, you will need to check the Galaxy Store and the Google Play Store> My apps/My apps & games> Update all. 

0 Likes
CrazyCat1990
Navigator
Options
Out of curiosity, what difference does the charger make? Are all PD charges not equal?
0 Likes
CrazyCat1990
Navigator
Options
Hi, using the Samsung charger that came with the phone and a pixel stand to charge, the charge this morning was using the same Samsung chargijg lead with the 25w Samsung adapter.

Yes, all the apps are uoto date via the Samsung store and also it's on the July patch.

Thank you for the response.
0 Likes
CrazyCat1990
Navigator
Options
Screenshot showing its uoto dateScreenshot_20210730-144107_Software update.jpg
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for confirming that. The charger may affect the battery life, so I would always recommend using the one designed to work with this phone, which is this one: https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/wall-charger-for-super-fast-charging-25w-black-ep-ta80...

In regard to the One UI Home, this may take more battery than expected if you are using several features where they are not in use so I would suggest checking the following things and monitoring the phone to ensure that the battery life gets improved:

-Always on Display: It lets you customize your device and check a wide range of factors in one go. However, it consumes a battery. Ideally, the AOD should consume around 1 percent of the battery in one hour. 

Moreover, having an image on the AOD screen can drain the battery further. If you can disable the AOD image completely or choose to disable a few specific sections of the AOD, you can reduce the battery drain.

-Reduce animations: Go to Settings, Advanced Features, then click on Reduce animations. Now when you open an app it’ll simply open without any zooming in/out or any type of animation.

-Turn off the features that you are not using: You really don’t need all connectivity features to be turned on all the time. Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, WiFi just put a drain on your battery so simply turning them on when you need them is simple enough to do.

-Adaptative brightness: The brightness of the display can play a major role in how to fix the Samsung One UI battery drain effectively. The Adaptive Brightness can be one of the excellent options for providing you access to better battery performance. 

0 Likes
CrazyCat1990
Navigator
Options
Hi, yes, the charger I use is the Samsung one, re yes the I use AOD but no animation, adaptive battery and adaptive display brightness are on, the rest of the features are used as needed, so in this case using Google maps, but those don't explain the poor battery life.

Any suggestions or is the phone faculty?

I cam from a pixel 5 which has a 1.5 day battery and would get me from morning until the next morning using it like I have used the S21, infact the S21 just has WhatsApp on it, I've been scared to installed any other app
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Thanks for confirming that @CrazyCat1990 , it appears that the drainage is coming from the phone and the features that are being used and no the app themselves. In this case, I would recommend having a look at the tips listed on this post to improve your battery life. 

0 Likes
CrazyCat1990
Navigator
Options
Hi, I have tried all the tips.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Looking at that I'd say your battery is defective. Get it replaced and see if it improves things.
0 Likes