Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 8/256, super bad battery life

(Topic created on: 15-04-2021 02:09 AM)
Stacey S21
Apprentice
Options

Enabled all possible battery life saving methods, still my Samsung S21 still drain my battery: FAST.

I got my new phone (model SM-G991B) on Monday, April 12 2021 > and have not yet used my full workflow on it. Screentime is aprox 3 hours. Still I must charge my battery 2 times a day. This is a big No Go. 

With this drainage, I can't rely on this phone for a full workday outside without any charging outlets available. 

I hope Samsung will fix this with a software upgrade. 

39 REPLIES 39
Thesld
Pioneer
Options
regardless if its still to learn usage patterns, the battery should not be needing charged twice a day, its not the first time this has happened with Samsung, happened on my s7, s8 and s9.
the thousands of posts and complaints online point directly to the software update again. it's bricked thousands of phones. do a quick Google search and see.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Considering I have updated all my Samsung phones (S8+, Note 10+ 5G, S20 Ultra, S21 Ultra) none have shown any significant battery drain over normal. Must be some deep conspiracy on Samsungs part I'm part of then.

There's more of a logical explanation, newer android OS is more demanding, so older devices do tend to struggle more than the newer devices. More optimisation can be made to newer SoCs (power saving features, better ipc etc) so it highlights a lot more of the differences the newer devices have over the old.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I am trying to help but if everyone jumps in on a thread it's impossible to do when trying to diagnose a problem.Hardly the thought police, you made your own thread, that I replied to. YOur thread didn't say much as it was a rant  but I replied to try to help you. Fine have a rant, but none of us are employed by Samsung. I don't have to do any of this but I like to help people.

If you didn't like my comment that's fine, too, but as you failed to understand this comment and come back with attitude then I will leave you to your own devices, literally!

tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Love you guys,well said 👍
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Love you guys,well said 👍
SaiChaotic
Pathfinder
Options

I never reached 48hours on a single charge.

I'm still not sure if the update did any good haha.

My screen on time has been quite varied, having 1-1.5hrs difference, though I rarely reach 8 hours of screen on time.

Screenshot_20210413-230331_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20210412-094052_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20210409-083400_Device care.jpg

 but I've just started to accept the fact that this might be it for the battery life. 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't do social media and as you can see FB and Messenger are using a lot of battery which would explain the difference between my set up and yours.
0 Likes
Thesld
Pioneer
Options
Explain it doing the exact same thing on the s20 and 21 then😂
Reel your neck in buddy.
You lucked out. No one said it was everyone's phone did they? You could also just read the numerous threads on this forum to see it's across all models. But you do you buddy
0 Likes
Thesld
Pioneer
Options
Same to you.
It was a helpful comment. You're not a moderator so do t tell people 2hat to do. It's that simple. Battery drain and excess battery drain is currently a huge issue across all s models. So it's relevant to say it and let them know it's a software issue that's known. It's also the reason why the update was pulled at the end of last year. So...🤷‍♂️

Do what you like.
0 Likes
Thesld
Pioneer
Options
I'd recommend using the Web apps for social media. Twitter and Facebook are battery hogs.
Try that for all social media and re do the above.
Share screens of battery usage after that again and we can see.
0 Likes