Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s21 5g turn on wifi automatically is greyed out and not working

(Topic created on: 17-03-2022 08:25 AM)
WBENSTOCK
Voyager
Options

Hi everyone for some reason turn on wifi automatically is greyed out and not working on my Samsung s21 5g

any idea why? 

image.png

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi I think you have to turn on WiFi scanning for it to work.
0 Likes
WBENSTOCK
Voyager
Options
location is on
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
So you have a 5g enabled sim card with a 5g contract from your provider?

If you do have you enabled it on connections/network settings.

If so best contact your provider.

Also try a simple restart.
0 Likes
MightyNoodle
Journeyman
Options
Under Location - Location services - WiFi scanning is that option on? When it's off then it greys this option.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@WBENSTOCK: Can you try heading to Settings > Connections > Flight Mode, and disable this option if it's active? 

0 Likes
costini
Explorer
Options

So, is there a solution on that?
I have a new S21FE and wifi doesn't turn on/off automatically.
Wifi-scanning is on, home wifi network is set to "auto-reconnect".

0 Likes
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

@AndrewL Off mod tag hunting, as I said in this thread: Re: Wifi switching off itself - Page 3 - Samsung Community

This is the same issue. Can't you see that it's a recurring issue that's been affecting multiple people? I can't believe you can't see it for yourself.

For the customers in the room, this is happening because the UI 5.1 update tried to make the S21 function like the newer phones, and the hardware wasn't able to handle it. I think it has something to do with the "intelligent" wifi feature~ Someone in another thread actually paid for it to be repaired themselves, and the technician said the WIFI chip had "burned out", as in they've stopped working. It's either the update itself or faulty hardware was put into our phones. If anyone wants to join me in a class-action lawsuit, reply to me, and I'll start the process with the lawfirm I use.

PS: Seeing you try to moderate this problem again and FAILING to do so makes me want to make a Word document listing every instance of this problem. I really hope YOU aren't the mod that's been ignoring the problem to where technical support doesn't even know about it, because this thread is originally from 2022. (Also, I did start logging all of the instances I find on this website).

Also, I DARE you to call this harassment when I'm simply trying to have a legitimate issue addressed. This is your JOB! ***** do it. What are they paying you for, Andrew????

(1)
SasamiPie
Pioneer
Options

Evidently not, as people have been complaining about this in separate threads, the same Mod @AndrewL replies, and nothing is done about it. Want to join a class action with me? I was going to collect some names prior to starting a class action lawsuit with the firm I've got handling a separate lawsuit with another company. You want in? Doesn't matter if you upgraded to get around the issue or not. In fact, that will just ADD to the case.

Also, if this issue is not resolved beforehand, I WILL name you, @AndrewL , as one of the representatives I spoke to during the process of trying to get my phone fixed in that lawsuit. Go ahead and try to "call my bluff", because this is no bluff. It's a promise. (The lawsuit that is.) The Samsung CEOs and lawyers will LOVE that~

0 Likes
Cedric202
Student
Options

Yes class sction

0 Likes