Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21+5G restarts itself while using it

(Topic created on: 25-11-2022 07:51 AM)
VincentGuo
Student
Options

I bought S21+5g four months ago. I works well until I update to Android 13/One UI 5.0. It keeps restarting itself while Im using it. Sometimes during me opening the camera, watching youtube or checking Instagram, just anytime could happen. It really makes me frustrated. I even factory reset my phone, but the issue still persist. I did everything from my side, so i think i will send my phone to Samsung service centre to have a check. I am not sure if it is because of the new android system or hardware issues. I really afraid of being noticed of "no issue found" after inspection coz there must be some issues with the phone, otherwise it wont auto restart itself. Samsung has to give an explanation about the issue either is a system error or something else. Does anyone experience the same issue? Pls let me know. Cheers

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
KazBrekker09
Voyager
Options
Sometimes I have that problem too, sadly I don't know how to fix it. However, it sounds like it happens alot to you, it only happens 2 times a week to me. If the test finds nothing, I'd get a new phone.
0 Likes
VincentGuo
Student
Options

It normally happens twice a day and could happen anytime. I was advised to put my phone in a safe mode. The restarting was not found during the period. I think one reason is that I rarely use the phone in that 24 hours during safe mode coz almost all apps are down. These is no point for me using it. 

0 Likes
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
I had an S21+ which had the same issue, after multiple factory resets and running in safe mode, nothing seem to fix it, I gave up and returned it, apparently there was a bad batch of plus models with faulty motherboards, it's quite an old device now, you might struggle with getting Samsung involved, they may want you to send it to TMT who have a reputation for ripping consumers off
0 Likes
unitedlaptop
Explorer
Options
Hard reset and insert details like Samsung acount details and if you want the same email and app thanks please follow me
0 Likes
kam2005
Apprentice
Options
I have same issue with samsung s20 5g from the error reports samsung know this is a hardware problem so factory reset or software update will not fix issue.Other people also have this issue, unacceptable for a relatively new phone to have hardware problems. Samsung don't care about taking your money £700 there should be a recall or fix free of charge.
0 Likes
robbedhondt
Journeyman
Options

I bought a samsung galaxy s21 fe 5g at Elgiganten, Stockholm. After a few weeks, I started having issues with the phone freezing and restarting.

After trying to find a solution myself (Clearing cache, factory reset, ... nothing worked) I was suggested to send the phone to a service center by Elgiganten. After 2 weeks, the phone was returned and they stated they did a factory reset and nothing was wrong with the phone. They also said not to use the transfer of apps from my old phone (which I didn't do in the first place). After using it for a couple of days, the same issues appeared. Freezing, restarting, up to 5-10 times a day.

I filed a lot of errors in the Samsung Members app, they replied "Based on the information in the submitted error report, it is demonstrated that there is a perceived hardware error on the device. In these cases, you, unfortunately, need to visit the nearest service workshop to have a service technician look at the device. You can either contact mcare sweden directly or contact the retailers who offer service to a certain extent."

So, I went to mcare, who told me the only thing they can do is do a factory reset, run some videos and see if the errors appear. They don't have access to the Error reports I have been filing to the Samsung Members app. If they don't find anything "wrong" after the factory reset + running videos, they could not help me AND I would have to pay for this "Service". I didn't want to risk this (after the first service center claimed nothing was wrong), so I tried a factory reset at home, ran videos for a couple of days and nothing happened to the phone. I thought, ok, maybe it is fixed (for some weird reason). But as soon as I log in to my google account; install some of apps, the phone is again unworkable. Same issue: freezing and restarting

I CAN NOT USE THIS PHONE. SOMETIMES IT'S STUCK IN LOOPS OF FREEZING AND RESTARTING FOR 30 MINUTES OR MORE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME ISSUE AGAIN A FEW HOURS LATER.

How is it possible that you know and confirmed there is something wrong with my phone, and you don't want to help me. 

I can't do anything with this phone and you and your partnered service center (who for some weird reason don't have access to your error reports?!) are not doing anything. Horrible service!

0 Likes