Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S21 5G - no wifi calling button

(Topic created on: 10-11-2022 05:16 AM)
Rebecca456
First Poster
Options

HI all

Today I have tried to enable wifi calling on my Samsung S21 5G. 

I've taken all the software update steps - i.e. updated so that i'm running android 12, updated the samsung calling app too, but there is no option to enable wifi calling on my phone anywhere

- i.e. not in the options menu of the calling app or in the connections setting area of the phone.

I live in an area with pretty poor phone reception so its really quite important I can get this working.

Cheers

Rebecca

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, it's now in the phone app.
Tap on the three dots in the top right hand corner, then select settings & it will be in the list of options.
Hope this helps. Screenshot_20221110_050743_Phone.jpgScreenshot_20221110_051318_Call settings.jpg
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You need to contact your network provider, they will enable the option of they support it, I am sure they all do in the UK
0 Likes
Sergr4
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I am travelling to a country where I do not have roaming, then I want to use Wi-Fi Calling, but it doesn´t show up in the menu. I have UI 5.0 and Android 13.

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-01 at 17.03.43 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-12-01 at 17.03.43.jpeg

How can I enable it? the carrier supports voIP

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Sergr4: Wi-Fi Calling is a network specific feature, therefore it might be the case that it isn't supported in your current region. Was the feature active before you went travelling, and was the option available for selection in the Phone app settings menu? Have you tried contacting your network provider to see if they're able to shed any light on this for you? 

0 Likes