Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung rips off its European customers again...

(Topic created on: 05-03-2021 09:12 AM)
Infowarrior
Explorer
Options
Well there's a surprise Samsung rips off Europe again with the exynos chip.... 19% slower AGAIN..... https://t.co/EbEFjYGuCz
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Mtm1401
Navigator
Options
antutu doesn't measure CPU temperature properly on exynos, all other monitors point to it being much more normal, i.e. 25-30 degrees at rest. that video has been comprehensively debunked
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I'm all for Exynos bringing in more competition and I'm sick of people buying the exynos and before they've even set their phone up they're on here moaning. Saying that, 'comprehensively' debunked or not, anecdotally my phone has gotten so hot on occasions that 60 Celcius sounds about right. One time the heat was concentrated adjecent to the rear camera module and other times I can feel the heat from the screen radiate before noticing as I use the S Pen. Samsung need to take more responsibility for their shortcomings and similarly people also need to as well when it comes to researching phones. I knew what I was buying into, but the battery and over heating incidents need to be handled by Samsung more seriously, not by telling me to turn all functionality off to obtain an average battery life. I'm off to factory reset mine as some have said the Samsung switch service is the cause, if it works like others have said then Samsung should take responsibility and stop pretending there is no problem, irrelevant of chip is in the phone.
0 Likes
Mtm1401
Navigator
Options
Sorry I wasn't clear here, agree completely with your sentiment on the competition, particularly given Qualcomm have just been done for anti-competitive practices.

My point around the debunking was this particular video and the antutu measurements, obviously mrwhosetheboss is well known in this case he has made a genuine mistake. Seen this video posted so much as 'proof' when it's demonstrably wrong, i.e. download CPU monitor and antutu, and CPU monitor is way cooler (antutu doesn't read exynos CPU temperature properly).

What is definitely true is there are overheating issues, but appears to be on both models rather than a distinct exynos problem
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Yeah I agree with you for sure. I'm still confused at how these CPU monitor apps work out the temperature. Through software? Or is there thermal hardware bulilt into the device? If the latter that's bad that it's incapable of realising the temperature is excessive. Samsung's app just shows me emojis with relation to temperature. And the apps that were put into deep sleep on my phone for high background battery use (42 of them) varied from old apps to brand new ones and part of the UI itself. It's bizzare.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Here's the apps list that has issues, all for the same reason. I'm off to factory reset and manually reinstall the apps I have now and see if it fixes it.

Screenshot_20210305-092319_Device care_2795.jpg

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I've never seen mine hit over 42C so if any is hitting 60C they're defective. Show me where they have (don't reference Mrwhostheboss antutu numbers as they are inaccurate as has already been established on so many sites as well as other CPU temperature monitoring apps) run 60C with a true temperature monitor?
0 Likes