Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung rips off its European customers again...

(Topic created on: 04-03-2021 09:16 AM)
Infowarrior
Explorer
Options
Well there's a surprise Samsung rips off Europe again with the exynos chip.... 19% slower AGAIN..... https://t.co/EbEFjYGuCz
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
It often convenient to seek out the videos which help prove what we suspect to be true but I watched a few and whilst I'm not saying the Enynos is better at all I'm putting this here for balance. It seems like there a lottery involved with chips and it may be the case you get a better Exynos phone.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Also can everyone start rooting for the Exynos chip to succeed. Otherwise Qualcom will be a monopoly in a way since Apple don't sell their chips. In fact Qualcomm are being sued right now for unfair competitive practices by Which? in the UK for overcharging for chips. The more competition the better. Just pray they get it right next year because if not my morals are getting chucked.
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

The Tech Chap tested both the Exynos and Snapdragon phones running the latest firmware for each, (the Exynos phone has now had 6 updates), and the results contradict the video in post #1.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Qualcomm have been fined twice for anti competitive practices. All these Snapdragon zealots really want Qualcomm to be the only mobile chip designer for android? If you think prices are bad now, just imagine if Qualcomm gained a monopoly. If it wasn't for Samsungs Exynos, I'd imagine our phones prices would skyrocket further.
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Definitely a good sign. I saw this video after so many other videos showing it was still slower (though not in all tests) so it gave me a glimmer of hope that it's not as bad as it seemed. But it raised questions too. I wish he went and bought another Exynos version and not a snapdragon as I felt that would have shined more light on the situation. Another theory I had which would be extremely sneaky is Qualcomm devices given for free to tech you tubers having cheat devices in them or they are just better than the standard one sent out to consumers. Just a theory, not like car companies haven't indulged.

I actually don't care how fast it goes I just care that the camera in almost every test video for zoomed in objects looked way softer, less detailed and noisier. 1x-3x not that much differences sometimes exynos looked better. I'm on the upgrade programme so I'm really hoping the next iteration can better the Qualcomm equivalent.
0 Likes
Infowarrior
Explorer
Options
But it has been the same for the last 3 years with the battle between the two. And this year the temperatures on the exynos is terrible surely to cause throttling to the chip...
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
The throttling happens on both equally as bad. Don't know why you think its only one sided. The Exynos actually handles it better in terms of battery efficiency. In any case, there's little to no difference in daily usage and it's never been closer than this year between the 2 and yet here we are with the usual SD cryhards.
0 Likes
Infowarrior
Explorer
Options
Not really did you watch the video the snapdragon is 40 degrees, the exynos is 60+.
I build gaming pcs so I know above 60 is something you have to watch..
0 Likes