Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay, "secure keypad is opening" soft lock

(Topic created on: 20-11-2021 02:04 PM)
Dom2503
Apprentice
Options
Just got my new s21 ultra and I started to setup everything as usual, but when it came to S Pay for some reason after setting up my card and when I need to use the pin pad to verify the use of my fingerprint it just comes uo with the message "secure keypad is opening" and I've left it for ages and it never comes up.
I want to know if anyone else has had the same issue with the new s21 ultra S pay and if you found a solution because when doing it again on my old note 9 it works fine.
7 REPLIES 7
Dom2503
Apprentice
Options
Related picture:Screenshot_20211119-123515_Samsung Pay_14486_1637405667.jpg
0 Likes
Kharoosy
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue, this occurred after adding several finger prints, I can't use samsung pay and even my banks app

Please resolve the SAMSUNG 

Kharoosy
Student
Options

Screenshot_20211120-174813_Samsung Pay.jpg

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Dom2503 and @Kharoosy ,

I will try my best to help you with this matter. Is this only showing when you try to use the Samsung Pay+ card? Have you checked if there is any pending app update available? Remember that you will need to check the Google Play Store and the Galaxy Store> Menu> My apps/ Manage apps and device> Update all. 

0 Likes
Dom2503
Apprentice
Options
Yeah everything is up to date and I've deleted and re-downloaded the app but it just keeps soft locking I have only two fingerprints registered and everything else that use biometrics like the curve app and my bank app works fine. My theory is the custom keypad that Samsung uses to make sure my card pin is secure is probably encountering an error exclusive to the s21 so maybe its just a matter of waiting for Samsung to do an update? To reiterate this works perfectly on my old note 9.
0 Likes
Members_VdIkImF
First Poster
Options

I logged a case with Samsung through their help desk last night and today it has been marked "completed" and the issue has been resolved for me. Not sure if this fix is just for my device or whether Samsung have fixed a bug now for everyone

0 Likes
DartVeiga
First Poster
Options

I had the exact same problem. I just rebooted my phone and it worked after that.

0 Likes