Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung One UI 4 Beta 2 - Hello Material You!

(Topic created on: 05-10-2021 08:46 PM)
VST007
Pathfinder
Options

Samsung One UI 4 Beta 2 is here and it`s time to check all the new features! The most exciting fact is that One UI 4 is based on Android 12 and in Beta 2 Samsung embraced Google Material You design!

How well is it working?

What else can we find? Let`s find out!

24 REPLIES 24
Baridon
Voyager
Options
Same on mine and also on my note 20 ultra 5g... Terrible I say these phones.
Arabianstar
Voyager
Options
You have a very good point...
Samsung insisted that One Ui 4.0 would be rolled out for Beta testing on the " Unlocked S21 Ultra series " of handsets and owners who have paid out allot of money for such devices in the UK/Ireland are still waiting for the Beta programme to be released. I am in no way suggesting that every person or buisinnes that purchased these top end products even thought about Beta testing software when they purchased them but to keep releasing press updates about the One Ui Beta programme and that all the S21 compatible devices can enrol in the Beta Testing program is a bit of a broken promise. SAMSUNG are quick enough to take over $1000.00 for such handsets and release them with so many software faults and hardware problems and still expect to use us and our expensive hardware to their advantage is a bit of a cheek really. Yes none of us have to enrole in the Beta testing programme but without those loyal customers/clients who do Samsung would be lost without their loyalty and support so Samsung should look after this loyal fan base allot better than they do....
Have you tried to get a Hardware repair or a Software solution fixed without having to jump through hoops for hours on the phone and or the consequences of not having a working device , do Samsung run to your aid ? No do they hell !"
Clive7409
Voyager
Options
Not really sure why the fuss around the beta so much this year as it has some limitations with certain software (such as banking software) as it's not seen as legitimate software.

From experience last year we did not get a beta until the 2nd one was released... and I for one was glad of that as beta 1 reportedly locked some out of their phones resulting in them having to be returned to Samsung, so need to carefully consider warranty here also as beta's are at own risk so nothing to say you wouldn't be charged for that (or the £1000+ phone becomes a brick)!!!

Hence let's all chill & patiently wait until Samsung release to wider audience & enjoy fact that someone else has ran the first set of testing making sure it all good before we do 😀

0 Likes
woodlouse
Helping Hand
Options
I blame covid 19 - 'seems to get the blame for everything else! 😷
Mattppro
Student
Options
Agreed
0 Likes
VST007
Pathfinder
Options

This is why I decided to change my CSC to DBT (Germany) it seems that DBT is really getting ahead with most of the updates 😞

0 Likes
VST007
Pathfinder
Options

There is always the option to sideload the update bin file (zip) from XDA or another place...

VST007
Pathfinder
Options

Agree with you BETAs ... are just betas, they are fine, but still... plenty of things to be ironed out.

I tried to use Google Pay with Revolut and another card and as you can guess it`s not working.

It will take some time probably till later this year, or even next year in the beginning before they reach stability.

0 Likes
Chasky
Explorer
Options
Enrollment has officially opened now
0 Likes
Imraj
Explorer
Options
Nothing for me on s21 exynos yet
0 Likes