Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung notes app doing strange things

(Topic created on: 29-03-2022 08:56 PM)
Tilly1994
Journeyman
Options
I don't really know how to explain this, but I will go ahead and try. I got my S21 in January 2021 and then needed a replacement due to another issue and both phones did the same thing...

When pressing "backspace" within the app to cancel what I've written, it kind of jumps back and deletes more than it should do, and changes words to something else. Not every time, but most of the time.

I can get this on a screen recording if needs be and upload to YouTube because I don't know if anyone will understand what I mean. 

If this happens to you, you'll probably know what I mean but has anyone solved this buggy issue? As I said, two different s21s did the same thing and it's been a problem for over a year. Thanks. 
3 REPLIES 3
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
I had itbhappen once straight after an update....wiped cache partition and its not happened again
0 Likes
Tilly1994
Journeyman
Options
Hmm I've done all the usual things like that, and it still does it, no matter what system version I'm running
0 Likes
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
what tools do you have activated in the toolbar? I handwrite my notes so this might not apply, but I've noticed the line straightening tool tends to group text into paragraphs. If that happens with typed text also then it may be that backspacing it is deleting paragraphs indents. The other tool that sometimes plays havoc with formatting is the Shape tool.

These may not all be visible in your toolbar to check if they're active or not, in which case make sure they're visible by toggling on their labels on in the Notes settings menu.
0 Likes