Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung music

(Topic created on: 29-03-2021 06:23 PM)
x-kid
Apprentice
Options
Hi,

I've recently upgraded my phone to the S21. Since doing so, i can't get the sumsung music app to work properly. It will play songs from "recently added" & "most played" but, if i pick an album and/or track, the app just skips through the whole album and says, failed to play track. Does anyone know how to solve this issue. 
Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
If the songs you are trying to play are WMA, you will need to convert them to mp3 or m4a. Alternatively you can use another player to play them such as VLC.
0 Likes
x-kid
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the reply, i will check what the songs are, I'm not very techy but i know they played on my S10. I only seem to have had the problem since swapping phones.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Yes, it seems Samsung dropped WMA support in the latest Samsung Music app.
0 Likes
x-kid
Apprentice
Options
Ohh well that was helpful of them!
Any idea how i can convert all my music? As there is a lot on the phone...
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Download an audio converter from the Google Play Store or if you have a PC it may be easier to convert them all from there.
0 Likes
x-kid
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for all your help, I'll download a converter and see if it can do the whole lot
lemontop
Explorer
Options
I've got the same problem. I've downloaded 'Format Factory' on my pc. It changes anything into anything. Works like a charm.
0 Likes
AlexyN9
Navigator
Options
Do I have to convert each track one by one or the converter will do all at once? Soook annoyed Samsung did this and as usual they don't warn costumers or offer any easy solution for it 😤😡
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Yes, but a decent app can do it in a batch
0 Likes