Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung music not working.

(Topic created on: 25-03-2021 09:10 AM)
72mep
Apprentice
Options
Transferred my data from my S10 to my S21 through smart share wirelessly and my Samsung music library not working. You select a song and it very quickly skips through your complete collection?? 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

What format are these files?

0 Likes
72mep
Apprentice
Options
WMA - they have worked before on my S10 & S8.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Did you create and transfer playlists? Are the files located in the same locations?
0 Likes
72mep
Apprentice
Options
No I just transferred all my files through smart switch like I done previously on all of my phones. The files did go straight in to Samsung music where there have always been kept but now cannot play them.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
These phones no longer recognise what files. If you rename them as mp3 they will work.
0 Likes
72mep
Apprentice
Options
Okay thanks for your reply. it will be to late to rename now as it has downloaded to my phone.
0 Likes
TomcatTC
Navigator
Options

I wouldn't just rename them, it is best to convert them to mp3 or m4a files as wma files are the windows media audio.

There are android apps that you can download to do this.  I am starting to think that the new music player doesn't have the codecs to play the wma files

0 Likes
fsun536
First Poster
Options

Hi, I just transferred from S6 (even older) to S21 using smart switch, and same thing, samsung music won't play.  Did you have your issues resolved  yet?

0 Likes
distaneR
First Poster
Options

Transferred all my music from S7 to S21FE and now always get a error message "Failed to play track".  Contracted support through chat and was told "Within 24-48hrs our concern team will contact you on the issue to resolve it as its a software issue of the application". 

0 Likes