Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung messaging

(Topic created on: 28-02-2022 11:58 AM)
Ab321
Pioneer
Options
Hi. Iv noticed my Samsung messages are sending in green (sms) and not blue like usual to other Samsung devices.. Tried clearing the cache and data. Number is verified and tried changing to the Samsung message app and back but no luck. Anyone have any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
Mike0296
Explorer
Options
Might be worth taking your case off to see whether that's affecting your signal you might have a metal case etc. If not try resetting network settings it will put everything back to default. 😃
0 Likes
Ab321
Pioneer
Options
Hi. Tried the above and still no luck unfortunately.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, when chat features aren't working, you are sending SMS (green box).
The only way to get this up and running is to wait 8 days before turning on chat features. Once this time has passed you are deregistered from the server so it can be set up. If you attempt to use chat in this period you will be restarting the 7 day clock. I don't know why this happens, fortunately it's a rare occurrence.
0 Likes
Ab321
Pioneer
Options
Very strange. I didn't know that. Everything is connected in the setting although. This has happend before but I clear cache and data. Re verify my number and the messages send in the blue color
0 Likes
Ab321
Pioneer
Options
Also. The rich communication tab is set to off.. When I turn it to on. It says I need to change the app to the other messages app which doesn't have the chat feature
0 Likes
Silb
Explorer
Options
Rcs (rich communications) needs to be on or messages will send with a green background(SMS) . I would try using the google messages app which has rcs support just like Samsung messages to see if rcs works on there.
0 Likes