Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Members app problems

(Topic created on: 29-11-2021 03:44 PM)
illEez
Voyager
Options
Anyone else having trouble accessing the Samsung Members app?

I can only access it using Mobile Data, but not when using my home WIFI!

Not sure if it's just a problem with my WIFI, or something affecting others?

I can access other apps and the Internet no problem using my WIFI.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
CarlH
Options

this is quite strange, @illEez. Which Android version are you running please? 

0 Likes
illEez
Voyager
Options
Android 12, upgraded when it came out.

Only trouble I had before this was accessing an app, Star Chart.

Had a few problems with my landline phone, which my Internet connection also runs off, and had a Sky engineer out on Friday to check it; he installed a new wall socket for my phone and router to connect to.

Then late Sunday morning, i started having trouble accessing this app, and the .EU members page where anytime I tried typing a message, my cursor would jump into the middle of words I'd already typed, and create huge gaps between text I was trying to type.

Like I said, I can browse the Internet no problem outside of these two, and receive emails etc, though I haven't checked everything out like bank apps through fear of my system being hacked.

I contacted my broadband provider, Sky, about it.

I tried Uninstalling the Members app and reinstalling it, deleting its and the phones Cache, ran every security and system check I know of, but still the problem persists!
0 Likes
illEez
Voyager
Options
Okay, I'm now back into the Members app using WiFi after disconnecting my router and rebooting it; I done the same thing last night and everything worked again for a few minutes before reverting to being inaccessible, so I won't be holding my breath on it lasting this time around 😬
0 Likes
Jpswain696
Pioneer
Options
Make sure under apps permissions aren't set to not allowed as if the app hasn't been used for sometime it disables the permissions. Has worked for me after renabling them
illEez
Voyager
Options
Thanks, but I tried everything. It eventually started working again; no idea what caused it!?

It was affecting my tablet and phone, both Samsung products, while using my home WiFi, but worked fine when using just my mobile data!

I got it working for a short while after deleting both devices cache and resetting my router, before it broke again, which made me think my router/WiFi was hacked or something!?

0 Likes
Jpswain696
Pioneer
Options
No worries I'm no massive whiz kid but have passed technical information back to Samsung in past to help resolve bugs in software. If you are having WiFi issues use WiFi analyzer. Really good at checking signal strength and if their is interference from other WiFi signals
illEez
Voyager
Options
Nice one, thanks.