Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Keyboard inconvenience

(Topic created on: 03-06-2021 12:45 PM)
JamesNickname
Explorer
Options
Recently bought S21 Ultra, my first Samsung and flagship. Mostly great but the features of the Samsung Keyboard are a real irritant. When it recognises that the dialogue box being utilised is the Internet search bar it shortens the space bar and adds either "www." Or ".com" button. As I like many others use chrome, I rarely type a url so this feature is useless for me, and what it does is shift the spacebar away from my natural typing position and therefore makes it really inconvenient. For the rare occasions I would type a url, its not a stretch for me to manually type www. or .com (or .co.uk as we're not all american).

Also when adding a contact, an irritating next button appears so when you're typing naturally and aim for an m or an NHS you get sent to the next textbox. Again this is more cumbersome as you manually have to return to the previous box that you were inadvertently taken from.

I can understand why these shortcut options are available and why some would like to use them, but for those of us who do not find it difficult to manually type or scroll to the next textbox it would be nice of there was an option to turn these features off in the keyboard settings. This way we can have a normal keyboard that will not adapt itself to the situation when we do not want it to, and we can type comfortably. Seeing as the cost of these devices is extortionate, and extra unnecessary apps fill up valuable space, I'd rather that the Samsung Keyboard was more customisable instead of downloading a third party app and paying for it with either currency or personal data.
4 REPLIES 4
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Good lock app may be a interest to you. You can down load keys cafe to let you customize your keyboard to how you want it. It's available from the galaxy store and it is a Samsung app.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What @Fiona26 suggested about getting rid of the 'www' .
I don't like it as well and had use the goodlock keys app.

Samsung definitely need to give options to users.
0 Likes
JamesNickname
Explorer
Options
I've checked out the good lock app and it is definitely a solution if you're happy with downloading additional apps, however others who've left reviews on the app also highlight a better solution would have been if there was an option with samsung keyboard itself. It seems it would be a popular addition so I don't understand why Samsung developers don't add the functionality in an update.
0 Likes
JamesNickname
Explorer
Options
This is still really annoying, Samsung just release a f***ing update to allow customisation of the default keyboard. Our phones are already loaded with pointless and unwanted bliatware, just stop being c*nts and allow us freedom to customise our very expensive devices.
0 Likes