Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Internet app not working properly since last system update - S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 15-05-2022 02:21 AM)
Dave408
Apprentice
Options

Have been a happy user of Samsung phones for many years…and have been loving my S21 Ultra over the last year.  Now facing my first ever issue.  The Samsung Internet app has been a bit sluggish over the last couple of weeks….access to the BBC sand Empire Film sites quite slow.  After yesterday’s system update, it’s now pretty unusable…taking 30 seconds or more to access anything.  Have done the data and cache clearing thing but no better.  Now resorting to using Chrome.  Anyone else experiencing this?

23 REPLIES 23
JP8542
First Poster
Options
Same for me on my A50 and for hubby on A70. Issue only started earlier this week. I notice that the BBC website has now got some slight changes, so wonder if the BBC has introduced some coding that isn't supported by the Samsung browser
MB_UK
First Poster
Options

Definitely a problem with Samsung Internet, only affects a few sites but BBC news is one of them, and one I use daily. I expect there'll be no rush to fix it until they fix this I'll be switching browser.

Alex StarFinn
First Poster
Options

Yes, its caused by the new anti tracking feature. Switch it off in the browser settings and bbc will start working normally again. 

Solution
Nico1986
Journeyman
Options

@Dave408 wrote:

Have been a happy user of Samsung phones for many years…and have been loving my S21 Ultra over the last year.  Now facing my first ever issue.  The Samsung Internet app has been a bit sluggish over the last couple of weeks….access to the BBC sand Empire Film sites quite slow.  After yesterday’s system update, it’s now pretty unusable…taking 30 seconds or more to access anything.  Have done the data and cache clearing thing but no better.  Now resorting to using Chrome.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Go on Internet settings, 'browsing privacy dashboard' and set smart anti tracking to 'never' . The websites return to normal speed again until Samsung resolve the issue. 

HoofItYouDonkey
First Poster
Options

Thanks, that fixed it.

A bit feeble that Samsung are not able to get something as basic as that right.

0 Likes
BillA1
Student
Options

Yes, fixed it for me too. Thanks to those including Nico86 and AlexStarFinn who provided the solution, very much appreciated.

Being old and very non techie as well as not often finding Forums effective in solving specific issues I am particularly grateful, thanks guys.

0 Likes
Ian63
Student
Options

Yep. Fixed for me too. Why is it down to helpful users to help with these glitches amidst the silence from the tech giants that cause them?

0 Likes
Dave408
Apprentice
Options

Thank you! Sorted.  ☺️

0 Likes
Dave408
Apprentice
Options

Thank you!  All sorted! 😊

0 Likes
Members_ZfbZa8z
First Poster
Options

I had exactly the same problem, since the recent update. It made Internet Browser almost unuseable.   Happily, I can confirm that going to Internet Browser settings and changing smart anti tracker setting to 'Never' cures the problem instantly.

I have tried to report this to Samsung, who say it must be done via their developers, but I can't work out how to do that.

Hope this helps some of you.

0 Likes