Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung halts Galaxy S21 BUL6 update

(Topic created on: 21-12-2021 07:38 PM)
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

N.B. This thread refers to the BUL6 release which has now been superseded by the new BULC update

As most of us have already seen, there is currently a hiatus in updates for the Galaxy S21 series with many having not received the December 2021 Android Security patch, to-date.

"Samsung is temporarily pulling the plug on the Android 12 One UI 4.0 update for the Galaxy S21 series in South Korea, as per a recent announcement issued by a Samsung Community Moderator (via TizenHelp). According to it, a few devices are experiencing an error due to compatibility issues with Google Play.

The One UI 4.0 rollout won’t resume until Google and Samsung solve the issue. It sounds like the problem may not lie entirely with Samsung, or at all, but whatever the case may be, they are working hard to resume the One UI 4.0 firmware rollout as soon as possible."

Also applies to the Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Fold 3

Source... SamMobile

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
12 REPLIES 12
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Got my December update 🤷Screenshot_20211220-222527_Software update.jpg
0 Likes
5ayf
Pathfinder
Options
I also received it last week at some point if it wasn't earlier than that. No issues to report here (UK).
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Have security update too and no problems at my end either.  However whilst may be frustrating for some customers best the issue is sorted out.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Wilas
Explorer
Options
Since Dec update my phone s21u keeps rebooting, mobile data drops out, phone signal drops out every 5 min. Not to happy
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's Android 12 as pixels having similar issues with network and stuff .

Having said that it's not across the board .

I believe those having issues do A hard Reset and start as if fresh with manually installing all apps and only getting your photos from the cloud and nothing else.
0 Likes
Jasper0105
Journeyman
Options
Anyone else having trouble updating apps in Google Play? I'm having to turn the phone on and off to update them.
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

See post #1

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Teminite
Mastermind
Options

My german Galaxy Note10 has unfortunately not even received the December patch, although Samsung is actually deploying the patches relatively quickly in Germany. Samsung could probably have tried to combine the OneUi 4 update with the December patch, which unfortunately didn't work out in the end. So I have to wait a little longer. I hope Samsung can do this later by December 31, 2021. But it wouldn't be bad if not. 😊 LG Teminite 

0 Likes
Jasper0105
Journeyman
Options
So that's the issue or one of the issues then?
0 Likes