Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy s21

(Topic created on: 12-01-2023 04:04 PM)
rog-one
Apprentice
Options
Can anyone help last Sunday my s21+ got the screen of death mobile working underneath a totally black screen I've tried all the helpful tips people have told me to try the last one to to run mobile flat then hopefully it will re-set on charging has anyone else had the black screen and if so did they resolve it.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @rog-one  Have you tried to recharge and by any chance is Dark Mode on,should disable for now if so.   If not solving it try a Force Restart by holding Power and  Volume Down for around 10 seconds until the Samsung logo appears.  You coud try Safe Mode by pressing and holding power Key until Power of screen is displayed,tap and hold Power of until safe Mode is displayed. See more here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/  in this mode no 3rd party apps are available and sometimes these can cause issues.

However it may be advisable to wipe the cache partition by following steps and see if this works.

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you get to a local Samsung Service Centre or Samsung Experience Store @rog-one  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

rog-one
Apprentice
Options
Nearest one is an hour away why would they be able to do something i can't do to solve my problem
0 Likes
rog-one
Apprentice
Options
Tried most of those apart from a computer as i don't own one