Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy S21+

(Topic created on: 19-10-2021 12:22 AM)
capgrl
Apprentice
Options
Hi guys just wondering if anyone can share some insight, Saturday 16/10/2021 my phone was working absolutely fine and suddenly the screen went black, although the phone was still on as I could feel it vibrate and it still rang etc. For the rest of the weekend the screen remained black and this morning it suddenly started working again. Its been fine but then I went to download WhatsApp again and my phone reset and for a minute the screen was black again and then the Samsung logo appeared and its been working since. Is it worth sending it off? I don't know what to do. 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
If it was me I would clear the phones cache partition. If the issue continued I would send it in. Could be a hardware issue which would need looking at.
Hasb
Apprentice
Options
The same ***** happened to me black screen of death you phone is dead Can't be fixed
capgrl
Apprentice
Options
This is why I'm asking though because the phone has started working again this morning🤷🏽‍♀️
0 Likes
Hasb
Apprentice
Options
If you check on line there many cases of this same issue samsung has replaced mine with a new one but it is been more than 2 weeks and still waiting for a replacement very frustrating 😅
0 Likes
capgrl
Apprentice
Options
Ah so did you go directly through to Samsung? Because I got in touch with my insurer and still waiting to hear back but now I'm wondering whether there's any point if it's working again?
0 Likes
Hasb
Apprentice
Options
Yes samsung will give you a brand new phone or a full refund
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@capgrl: It might be worth heading to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Device Protection > Scan Now, to see if this flags anything. Similarly, tap the graph symbol at the top of the Device Care home screen, and check the App Issue History to see if any issues were detected at the time your phone's screen went black. If you encounter further issues, reach out to our Help Desk via the link below, and an advisor will be on hand to assist you further, and arrange any necessary repairs. Please be aware that our warranty is repair based, and alternative resolutions such as refunds or replacement devices can only be offered at the discretion of an engineer following a warranty inspection.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

Jay217
Pioneer
Options
Hold all 3 buttons to soft reset the phone. Sometimes OTA updates can cause screen to temp fail. Fully reset your phone if this is a common occurance, and if the issue is still there then take it to samsung. They'll "flash" the phone, or replace the screen/main board if needed
Jay217
Pioneer
Options
No they will not 😂 if they can't repair it then it will go to escalations, which could result in this
0 Likes