Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.

(Topic created on: 02-08-2021 03:06 PM)
DanielBatmanBatori
Journeyman
Options
My battery just melted down. And the technician from Samsung just said it's my fault.  But the fact is I used the cable what they given me with the phone. They not gave charger just cable. Now all my pictures and videos are gone. And I still have to pay for a phone which I can't use. By the way the phone 3 months old not even a scratch on it. I'm so disappointed.  Someone can help? Thank you. 
14 REPLIES 14
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
How did you damage your battery? Why is it your fault. Was you not using a suitable charging brick for your phone?. If the damage is not covered by the warranty have you thought about getting the battery replaced yourself?
0 Likes
DanielBatmanBatori
Journeyman
Options
How did I damaged? Didn't you read my post? I used the cable what was in the box when I bought the phone. And I used my old charger which by the way a Samsung charger. And then after maybe 70 minutes I wanted to check my phone and I noticed what happened. Change screen? The whole phone damaged inside because of the battery. And the technician said the cause of the damage could be a microwaves that's why I think they try to put the blame on me and make it as my fault. But the phone was on a table no any other electrical device close to it.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@DanielBatmanBatori  If you were using a Samsung charger should be able to get some resolution on this.   I would suggest getting in touch with Samsung Support  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/    However the cable supplied with the phone is designed to be used with  the 25 watt charger if using an older probably 15 watt charger  best to use the cable that came with that which would support fast charging but not super fast.  Super fast wall charger is here  https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/wall-charger-super-fast-charging-25w-ep-ta800xbeggb/ 

The post from  @Michelle121  is not relevant to your query and email addresses should not be published publicly for privacy reasons.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
DanielBatmanBatori
Journeyman
Options
Thank you very much. The first couple of months was no problem with the charging. Only one thing sometimes the phone was very very hot. That's why I thought maybe the charger was no good for it. And in the shop where I bought it, the nobody recommended to me to buy a charger there. So maybe the phone was faulty ? But not this is the worst part. I lost so many pictures and videos of my son. That's why I'm very disappointed. And of course I still have 21 months left of my contract to pay for something which isn't working. ☹
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I did read the post but you didn't explain why they said it was your fault. You didn't say what charging brick you was using. Either way I would get back onto Samsung. I mean they stopped supplying the wall chargers to save the environment, and that most people have old chargers laying around to be able to use. So I don't think using your old charger would have been the cause. I would get back on to Samsung.
0 Likes
DanielBatmanBatori
Journeyman
Options
Saving environment that is just rubbish. They just want to take more money out of people pocket. Here is what they say which is a joke to be honest .

In situations where evidence of liquid ingress, physical damage or unauthorised rework is found, this invalidates the terms and conditions of the Samsung Warranty supplied with the device as this is not a manufacturing/component failure.
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I wouldn't be happy either, and if it's nothing you have done I would be back on to Samsung.
DanielBatmanBatori
Journeyman
Options
Thank you . And you know what is funny? I used the charger what I just used for my previous phone. Which was a Samsung Galaxy S10+
DanielBatmanBatori
Journeyman
Options
Thank you. 🙂 and sorry if I was rude on the beginning.
0 Likes