Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 22-03-2021 04:26 PM)
BernieK
Apprentice
Options
I am unable to open Bixby with my voice.

When I open the app and turn on the wake by voice feature it then goes over to teach it your voice and asks you to say Hi Bixby, I repeatedly say this but it fails to hear my voice. 

I have tried resetting the app, clearing cache and data but this has made no difference. 

I have also spoken to Samsung on several occasions but to no avail. 

Has anyone else had this problem?.

6 REPLIES 6
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
does Google hear your voice?
0 Likes
BernieK
Apprentice
Options
Yes that works fine.

Thanks for the reply 👍
sarah331
Apprentice
Options
I'm having the same problem on my note 20 ultra. It works fine on my tab s7 and watch but not my phone.
0 Likes
BernieK
Apprentice
Options
Hi Sarah, I had a Galaxy S20 Ultra before this phone and it worked fine on that one 😀. I have even gone to the extreme of doing a factory reset to no avail, it just does not hear me at all, it's almost as if the microphone is switched off but Google works fine. Just hoping maybe an update at some stage may cure it.
Thanks for the reply. 👍
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I've not set up bixby wake up, although it seems I don't need to as it responds when I give the command. I never had to go through the learning my voice thing on the S21 Ultra, perhaps because I already did this with my S20 Ultra before? I really don't know. Just be sure that when you're giving the command, it isn't listening through a Bluetooth heaphones/earphones (unless you're using them ofcourse).
0 Likes
BernieK
Apprentice
Options
Hi Joeeye,
Thanks for the reply 👍.
I have deleted my old account and set up a new one, still no good.
From memory, after several attempts at training it gives you the option to skip, if I do this and start the app with the app by tapping the app icon it works fine but I still cannot do it by voice, strange eh!.
I refuse to give up, hopefully will get there eventually.
Cheers