Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung galaxy s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 01:01 AM)
Mihai06
Apprentice
Options
Hello,  I've bought a Samsung galaxy s21 ultra and I have a problem with it,  when I'm using camera too take pictures or videos,  the phone is  getting very hot,  why could be that, any one have the same problem?
26 REPLIES 26
Gionike
Voyager
Options
hey @Steve0 just been reading post and you seem to know quite a bit. I've posted similar issue with my phone in samsung members few times and have had few conversations with people to find a solution. I've had my phone since it was pre ordered. received it on 29th Jan. had it replaced by EE 2 days later. this is now my 3rd one as I wasn't happy how it kept heating up quickly. it's the 1st time I'm experiencing anything like this even though I've had all the note series phones from note 4 - note 10 plus 5g and never experienced anything like this. I understand that, yes, maybe you have to wait for the phone stabilise with the way one uses it but why has is it only happening to me now with the s21 ultra but not with any of the previous phones that's I've had from Samsung? I appreciate its new but it just gets wayyyyyy to hot 🔥. over 50°C. especially when using the camera for portrait or filming. camera has got some amazing solid hardware n maybe it can't handle it? but then sometimes I'll be browsing, with 3 or 4 apps running in background and it will also heat up to the point I can't hold it. also heats up ridiculously when I'm tethering, which I'm use to just warming up a little but not burning hot that if I wanted to use the camera, it warns me that I have to switch off camera app and wait for it to cool down. my other phones didn't do that. now I don't expect you to have an answer for all of this but if u did then it might solve my problems. but I'm hoping it's as simple as some bug in the software that Jimmy in the tech department can easily tweak in the next few days cos its embarrassing when I can't take photos.
0 Likes
michael39
Navigator
Options
there will be a new firmware soon hopefully it will address the heat issue from what I see from my own s21+ the cpu is running max out when doing anything you can see by checking the cpu load
steve0
Voyager
Options

I can't offer any advice as far as the browsing causing an issue. But as far as the camera issue is concerned this has been acknowledged by samsung , see twitter thread 

https://twitter.com/FrontTron/status/1358089752428220418 

I don't think your issue is hardware related - you would be very unlucky to get 3 phones that were faulty

michael39
Navigator
Options
thanks for the info seems it will be fixed soon
steve0
Voyager
Options

Currently rolling out in Germany, usually UK follows several days later

michael39
Navigator
Options
have you by any chance had chance to try it?
0 Likes
Gionike
Voyager
Options
thank you so much for the link, this is very promising. thats all I needed for now I think. looking forward to this update now. its like watching the finale of LOST.
0 Likes
michael39
Navigator
Options
lmao
steve0
Voyager
Options

I'm in the UK , so no , I did note on Friday in another post   that someone had got it and would let us know  how it was going . But I can't remember the  post-- I think it was titled battery life. If I  find it , i will update this post

Here is the post :

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/s21-ultra-g998bxxu1aub3/m-p/2803217#M6356 

0 Likes
Gionike
Voyager
Options
you know!