Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung galaxy s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 08:38 PM)
Mihai06
Apprentice
Options
Hello,  I've bought a Samsung galaxy s21 ultra and I have a problem with it,  when I'm using camera too take pictures or videos,  the phone is  getting very hot,  why could be that, any one have the same problem?
26 REPLIES 26
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
I had same problem over heating ..fry a egg on it hot ..I gave it 5 days to sort out with updates nothing changed for £1329 I said no way and sent back for full refund from Samsung ( UK) never seen anything like it before ..thought it would melt it got that hot ...using camera made it worse ....I've gone back using my S10 5G never gets warm and no problems on that one ... shame on Samsung and with how hot it was getting it must of damaged the inside battery etc was not going to take a chance on it....like I said before I've had all makes of phone and never ever seen a phone get that hot before... not just once but every time I used it
I hear people say wait let it do its thing etc but
I thought for a phone costing £1329 do I take that chance... no way was I
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

@John19691969 wrote:
I had same problem over heating ..fry a egg on it hot ..I gave it 5 days to sort out with updates nothing changed for £1329 I said no way and sent back for full refund from Samsung ( UK) never seen anything like it before ..thought it would melt it got that hot ...using camera made it worse ....I've gone back using my S10 5G never gets warm and no problems on that one ... shame on Samsung and with how hot it was getting it must of damaged the inside battery etc was not going to take a chance on it....like I said before I've had all makes of phone and never ever seen a phone get that hot before... not just once but every time I used it
I hear people say wait let it do its thing etc but
I thought for a phone costing £1329 do I take that chance... no way was I

Whilst I appreciate your frustration Terry... I have read this exact same response from you on no less than 6 different posts this evening ! 

Not everyone has suffered this problem and you have been one of a minority of many many thousands of users.

Bearing in mind we are only 1 week since the launch date, and sometimes issues get through into the public domain.

You may have had a faulty hardware issue... or an isolated fault.. however there are lot of users that are in fact very happy, and thankfully not everyone has suffered the consequences of a hardware problem or software bug... whichever it may be.

I am sorry you feel so aggrieved about your own experience. But please change the record and spamming everyone's posts on the shame and blame thing.

Besides Samsung have also been good enough to take your returned phone and refund your purchase.

I hope your S10 5G continues without fault...and you have a successful search for a new phone. 👍

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
what makes me mad is Samsung knew about the problems before release
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
good enough you having a laugh it's law they had to take back within 14 days for any reason
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes, I am aware of consumer laws... and yes I have read the articles as well as others with similar heat issues as you on the forum.

I expect that most people that stick out the issues will find the problems are resolved...either by a change of handset or a software update.

The first 4 days also spend a lot of time calibrating and learning behaviours... this is a possible excess heat reason.

The way you mention the heat in your instance ... it sounds like it is a worst case and you were probably right to send the hardware in.

Others have... although they have also posted that a second handset did not suffer the same problems.

There are theories also going around that synchronising previous phone apps with smartswitch has caused incompatibility problems and a lot of these issues.

it is not possible to conclude or summarise the causes and reasons within an 8 day period from release day.

Anyhow, my point on my post is that not everyone feels so aggrieved... or that they should send the phone back within a few days of receipt.

what's done is done... and I am glad you have found your own solution... to send it back and get a refund. 👍
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
michael39
Navigator
Options
it seems this is a problem with the ultra well its mentioned more of all 3 I think its software has the ultra has a more advanced camera but I think there is a problem with all version's the cpu run flat out doing northing waiting for a new firmware
0 Likes
steve0
Voyager
Options

@michael39 wrote:
it seems this is a problem with the ultra well its mentioned more of all 3 I think its software has the ultra has a more advanced camera but I think there is a problem with all version's the cpu run flat out doing northing waiting for a new firmware

So when using the camera - how many seconds or minutes pass by before you notice the excessive heat?  Is it mainly video that causes the overheating or photos?

Additional : There is another s/w drop  rolling out that looks to address this issue amongst several other improvements see post:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/s21-ultra-g998bxxu1aub3/m-p/2803217#M6356