Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra - Terrible Battery Life compared to a S10+

(Topic created on: 31-01-2021 09:57 PM)
GeorgeNikolov
Apprentice
Options

I am hoping to see someone else is in the same boat as me. I received my Galaxy S21 Ultra as a pre-order.

Received the pro buds as well.

Both of these have both impressed and disappointed me at the same time.

The phone - battery life is just awful. I mean I cannot get through the day on a single charge and I am not even using it for work (which is why i got it because of the camera).

The headphones - they just fall out my ears with all 3 of the replacement tips. It just does not matter what I do and how I place them. Too big!

Can someone from Samsung reply to my post and explain to me why is the battery so bad! Please do not give me the whole adaptive battery thing about learning my patterns etc. It has been 4 days! Its your flagship phone and its performing so so bad! I alwayas have Samsung phones but this one is just disappointing at the moment. I am even considering selling the buds or returning all of it back! 

18 REPLIES 18
Stefan90
Pathfinder
Options
i just recive my s21 ultra today. lets hope i will not have any problems with it. i will keep tracking of your post to see what they reply. i have my s10+ as well with was performing awesome 👌
GeorgeNikolov
Apprentice
Options
Yep. S10 plus here too. I feel like i got a bad phone...
0 Likes
Stefan90
Pathfinder
Options
i hope your problem will be solved from all of my research i saw s21 ultra as a good phone and the upgrade from the s10 plus to it. hope to be a good idea from all the reviews and videos out ther.
0 Likes
eljefe90
Explorer
Options

Same got s10+ due to be sent to Samsung for trade in for my s21u I have experienced a weird smell from phone when charging which is getting better my s10 + kills this 21u for battery  my s21 is on lower power saving modes dark backround etc everhthing to save as much battery as I can and whatsapp is using upto 10 hours of backround usage even when put into deep sleep I have no idea why I use to feel like I could rely on taking the s10 out all day without problems but having massive doubts with the s21 u

smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

My own battery has got better and better every day.  The first day I had the same concerns as you.  But with the learning and calibrating, today i have used it non-stop, over 6 hours of screen on time, and I still have ~ 40% battery.    I think it takes a few days at least to get the battery to it's expected state. 

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Stoian
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue with my s21 ultra phone.
the battery is very bad I don't know what to do about it
0 Likes
Rfcwolverine
Pioneer
Options
I have a Samsung s21 ultra and took my phone off charge at 7am with 100% and current time 21.53 and my battery is on 43% I have used the phone to play games etc msg social media etc
0 Likes
13eno
Explorer
Options
Same problem, 4 hours of on screen time! only really been on WhatsApp and no videos, gaming or camera use! Plus the side and back of the phone have been reaching 50 degrees heat! I've give it a chance again today but nothing is working. Day 4 tomorrow and I will again have a little patience with the phone and see how it performs. Sooner or later though I will have to act and send it back! 😫
0 Likes
kenseyanne
Student
Options
my s21 keeps overheating and the battery life is appalling, planning on ringing Vodafone in the morning bc its so annoying