Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra - Software Update Issues

(Topic created on: 01-12-2021 02:57 PM)
Mella1
Explorer
Options

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to "un-do" the Software Update? I have a SAMSUNG Galaxy S21 Ultra and since the latest software update (Android version 12; One UI version 4.0) there are too many issues in various apps; I would like to reset everything to before the Software update.

9 REPLIES 9
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Only the beta could be rolled back....could try wiping partition cache or hard reset your phone....I had no issues through beta testing and no issues now its been rolled out....I always wipe partition cache after every update
https://youtu.be/T2HkEa94FRk
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful to you

After an update Clear the cache

How do I clear the cache on my device?

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

How to fix apps that keep crashing or freezing

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-fix-apps-that-keep-crashing-or-freezing/
Mella1
Explorer
Options

Thanks. I wiped partition cache. Not much better☹️
Battery life down by a LOT and phone getting very hot when in video app.
Also unfortunately camera app generally pretty bad now after update. Very disappointing

Mella1
Explorer
Options

Thanks. Cache clear did not help with video getting "scrambled" in Whatsapp - what did however work was to re-save the video as 720p and then send.

rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Try a hard reset if wiping partition cache hasn't worked
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Could I suggest if you do wipe cache again and in the same menu below wipe cache there is a Repair apps options which you could do after wipe cache.

Then restart phone as normal and look for any updates in both Google and Samsung store.
Members_DYturWq
First Poster
Options

I have also had nothing but problems with the update I have a s21 ultra. 

When sending videos via WhatsApp it appears with a green line down the screen. 

Battery life is terrible! 

I got another update today and done that hoping it would fix it. 

Hurrah the green line is gone but now no sound with videos when sent on WhatsApp.

Where's my old iPhone? ***** 

0 Likes
Mella1
Explorer
Options

Hard reset also does not work (am yet to find any comments by anyone owning a high-end device that's had any effective results with a hard reset since issues are piling up after the android 12 update - It's not a solution and should not be recommended as one)

It also gets better: Zhiyun Smooth 4 Gimbal also cannot connect vie Bluetooth. So now I have two devices which are pretty useless for the needs I have. Thanks SAMSUNG

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Android 12 has been a mess for lots of phones including their own Pixel 6.

Have a little patience as the January BULF update seems to have fixed quiet a lot of the issues.

Even the WhatsApp video issue has been fixed in subsequent updates.
It's really a waiting game.
0 Likes