Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Camera Quality

(Topic created on: 07-04-2021 04:19 PM)
Mishal
Pathfinder
Options
Hi, Anyone noticed whether your Main sensor image quality has gone completely bad after the latest software update. Its Complete Blurry. Its same with 108MP mode as well. All other sensors like Ultrawide, 3X,10X Telephoto and Front camera are working fine. The Ultrawide is taking sharper Pictures than the main sensor now.

I have been in touch with the customer service via Smart Tutor and they realised there is a problem and tried few steps to fix it but didnt work. Then they asked few other colleagues and found that few devices are facing this issue after the update and a complete reset of the device should fix it and if the problem spreads to more devices then samsung may be providing a patch. Even though its time consuming i will be doing my reset tomorrow and will update the outcome here. 

Just wanted to check anyone else is facing the same problem.
33 REPLIES 33
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
That's very disappointing and I'm sorry to hear. Always frustrating when the camera updates take a step back. I hope that your issues are resolved swiftly.
0 Likes
Mishal
Pathfinder
Options

Hi, i reset my phone to fix the camera but unfortunately the problem was not solved. tried reseting couple times more but still the same. Booked a repair and as S21 series is new there is no doorstep repair option available. So DPD will be collecting the phone tomorrow morning and will be repaired in 7 days. So Frustrated. it will affect all my day to day activities as i don't have a spare android phone i can only send and receive calls and texts until i receive it back. Not a £1200 quality to be have to send for repair in first 2 months

0 Likes
Shandysky
First Poster
Options
Well,I refuse to do the latest update after reading all the above
0 Likes
Mishal
Pathfinder
Options
Hi, Dpd collected my phone on 9th April Friday and recieved back on 16th April Friday with a letter saying "NO ISSUES WAS FOUND, so there was nothing to be done. So we are returning the device without any repair. we made sure your software is uptodate and also it passed all our quality checks". But the problem is still not solved. I actually booked a second door repair so that i can show them the issue myself but then decided to wait for the next software update so that i dont have to go through all the trouble of backing up, formating, restoring and logging in every app etc again so cancelled the repair. Now hopefully waiting for the next update to come soon and fix it.
Ale7485
Explorer
Options

Hi Mishal, do you have any news?
I have lense blurry on the ultra wide camera and I am not being able to find a "temporary" solution.
I am waiting for a firmware update that hopefully Samsugn will release as soon as possible.

I reported my problem on the community of my country (Italy) at the following link:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/messa-a-fuoco-ultra-grandangolare-s21-ultra/m-...

If a lot of people report the problem the easier it is for Samsung to notice and fix it soon.

0 Likes
Mishal
Pathfinder
Options
Hi, i am still facing the problem on my main sensor even after the latest update. I will be taking the device a service centre in person soon and show them the problem myself
Ale7485
Explorer
Options

Hi @Mishal ,

today I ran a test that seems to have worked but I need to investigate if it always works.
I would like to see if it works for others as well.
On my S21 Ultra the problem occurs on the ultra wide angle cam but it may be common to yours.
I think the problem could be the laser AF sensor, so I tried to keep a finger on this sensor while I frame a scene alternating it with a macro scene, when I go back to the pan the focus works.
Can you give it a try too?
If it works we understand where the problem lies and the Samsung developers know where to put their hand!
Let me know.

Mishal
Pathfinder
Options
Hi @Ale7485,
I tried as you said and it works sometimes not always. But atleast we know that the problem is related to focusing and the laser autofocus
0 Likes
Ale7485
Explorer
Options

UPDATE:
after reading many forums on the web I have read about similar situations on old Samsung flagships in which to fix the problem it was enough to tap the smartphone.
Well, I tried and it actually worked. This brings the hardware issue back into play.
I have been to a Samsung service center, they recognized the problem and they will contact me to make a repair appointment.
We hope to solve it definitively!

0 Likes
Mishal
Pathfinder
Options
OMG, that actually works. Thanks mate, atleast i can show it to the service centre 👍