Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Camera Quality

(Topic created on: 07-04-2021 05:50 PM)
Mishal
Pathfinder
Options
Hi, Anyone noticed whether your Main sensor image quality has gone completely bad after the latest software update. Its Complete Blurry. Its same with 108MP mode as well. All other sensors like Ultrawide, 3X,10X Telephoto and Front camera are working fine. The Ultrawide is taking sharper Pictures than the main sensor now.

I have been in touch with the customer service via Smart Tutor and they realised there is a problem and tried few steps to fix it but didnt work. Then they asked few other colleagues and found that few devices are facing this issue after the update and a complete reset of the device should fix it and if the problem spreads to more devices then samsung may be providing a patch. Even though its time consuming i will be doing my reset tomorrow and will update the outcome here. 

Just wanted to check anyone else is facing the same problem.
33 REPLIES 33
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Just need to check, but when you're viewing the 108MP pictures in gallery, are you allowing time for them to fully load?
0 Likes
Mishal
Pathfinder
Options
Yes ofcourse. The normal 12MP pics from the main sensor is also the same. And i am sure only started from last few days. I took pictures of same things from my earlier clicks with the same phone and compared them to make sure and the old ones are perfectly fine.
0 Likes
Mishal
Pathfinder
Options
Same picture taken one after the other

20210407_170554_51396.jpg

0 Likes
Mishal
Pathfinder
Options
Comparing Old and New clicks of the same Tree. Ignore the lighting and colours as the weather was completely different but check the sharpness difference

20210407_170913_51405.jpg

Babishko
Hotshot
Options
It is bizarre how some phones are affected by some software updates and others do just fine out of them?.. But when it happens to your phone it is a massive pain. Many of us bought our S21 Ultras for the camera and when this is the problem area of the phone it really does get to you. Sorry to ask the same old question Mishal but did you clear the cache partition after the last update as this is the number one gremlin buster action that we all need to do after every update? A lot of nasty little bugs can hide in that thing. My camera has been fine after the last update and I use it quite a bit taking about 600 pictures and 20 videos a month on average and keeping the camera busy seems to help things along nicely at least for me. Sure, the low light video is still quite poor for me still as it is for many of us but I don't expect this to last much longer now. I hope you get this infuriating problem sorted either through some good advice or a future software update rectification Mishal I truly do. Good luck mate. 👍
0 Likes
Mishal
Pathfinder
Options
Hi Babishko, yes i tried every possible option other than the full reset. And also today i took the Smart Tutor option where we provide the customer service assistant access to our phone so that they can see and use the phone remotely just like the team viewer app(not completely as we need to provide permission on the phone for each step they take) and they did all these steps like reseting the camera app, clearing cache, clearing app data etc again and the last option they suggested after getting info about the software issue from their colleague is to do a Complete reset.

It is strange as you said to be affected by such issues especially when its only for few devices. If it was a major issue then samsung should be providing a software patch ASAP but because its only few we will have to fix ourself. And it is also a tiring thing to completely format the phone as we have to backup to samsung cloud, backup media files and whatsapp and then again restoring everything redownloading every single app, re logging in, setting up all that requires OTPs and other veryfication. Complete headache. Hopefully atleast that will fix the issue.
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Yes Mishal I am sure your determination and drive to get to the root of your problem will be rewarded after a Factory Reset. Sometimes it is the only way to wipe out a problem. It it good that we have this as a last ditch cure all problems option to be fair. Good luck once again Mishal. And everyone else with this problem out there.👍
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
To report if the reset helped your cause.
Although this shouldn't be the way.
0 Likes
Mishal
Pathfinder
Options
Sure will update here after the reset. Ofcourse this shouldnt be the way there should be other solutions without all these trouble
0 Likes