Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra - April software update won't install

(Topic created on: 12-05-2021 05:26 AM)
Novocastrian
Apprentice
Options

Since the April software update (G998BXXU2AUC8 / G998BOXM2AUC8) for my Samsung 21 Ultra was released, I've been unable to successfully install it. The update appears to download, but on restarting the device returns a dialogue box stating the update did not install, and to take the device to a Samsung service centre.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and is there a solution that doesn't involve taking the phone to a service centre? 🙏

2 REPLIES 2
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Try installing it on a computer with Samsung smart switch.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

May I assume there is enough internal storage capacity to accept the update @Novocastrian  ?

Try updating using Wi-Fi or Mobile Data if you have enough data allowance.

If this was my phone and if using Samsung Smartswitch didn't work as suggested by @Blessed4life  then perhaps try clearing up some files on the phone to see if that helps.

i.e 

Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

Sometimes a factory reset helps as this takes the phone back to the last successful software update but be sure to back up before doing this.

Ultimately a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre should be able to help if your still stuck.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "