Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G bluetooth connectrivity issues to Gimbal

(Topic created on: 09-12-2021 05:56 PM)
Mella1
Explorer
Options

Hi All,

Since the disastrous Software Update distributed by SAMSUNG to Android 12 (One UI Version 4.0) which is impossible to roll back, there is a plenitude of issues and most of these render my device (Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G) useless for the purposes I bought it for; I’m a photographer and now I:

• Cannot connect SAMSUNG handset to ZHIYUN Smooth 4 Gimbal via Bluetooth
  • Cannot get good image quality when making video with zoom lens (footage fuzzy / blurry)
  • Cannot share videos via WhatsApp without quality getting corrupted with green lines / sound not sent
  • The list goes on and on…

SAMSUNG has caused me to not be able to earn an income because of this update and when I approached SAMSUNG South Africa Customer Service for assistance, they literally say it’s not their problem. Thanks SAMSUNG. At least I will easily be able to decide to go for iPhone as soon as I can sell this SAMSUNG useless handset.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Most of your issues appear to be non compatability with Android 12 which is not just a Samsung issue. In realtion to the Whatsapp green lines, the most recent update cured that. As far as the camera is concerned try diagnostic checks and refer to customer services. Personally, as a serious photographer, the last thing I would use is a mobile phone for good results and total control.

Mella1
Explorer
Options

South Africa does not have a "most recent update" to cure any issues. When I bought my phone I had no compatibility issues with any apps - these only appeared once I did the Android update (which I assume was issued and distributed by SAMSUNG?)

Which customer service would you be refering to?

If you feel that a full DSLR kit with heavy three axis gimbal stabiliser is what you would use personally when doing real estate videography, then that's great (Seems a bit over-kill, but we all get to chose what works best for us, no?) When I made my high-end phone purchase, I did so with the expectation that specific apps would do specific tasks, which now, post update, are not functioning how they should.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

The Android 12 update is Google's technology. It is rolling out globally and it is up to developers to ensure their apps are compatible with Android 12. If they are not, it is hardly Samsung's or Google's fault that the developers haven't updated their apps. You need support from the devlopers as Samsung does not own their intellectual property.

I see the Smooth 4 is hardware and not software and is a bit flakey with Blutooth Zhiyun Smooth 4 gimbal connection troubleshooting | GearBest Blog

It may be an idea to try the installation process again by forgetting that particular BT connection.

You do appear to be missing the update that cures the Whatsapp green line issue. Your firmware was released on Nov 22 and you should shortly get an update.

You can, using the Members app select the Get Help Tab, carry out diagnostics and get 1 to 1 help with a technician. 

Mella1
Explorer
Options

Thank you so much  for the detailed feedback! I'll try the Zhiyun trouble-shooting and wait patiently for an update with fixes.

Just feeling mighty frustrated that an Update is released world-wide which has such a bad impact on basic apps on a high-end phone and everyone just shrugs their shoulders...
😞

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It can be frustrating but the update for the green line issue can't be far from arriving on your phone. I hope you can get this resolved quickly.
0 Likes
MLW79
First Poster
Options
I've updated one UI4 on s21 ultra nd it's caused problems scrolling and opening apps from the home screen. I'm not particularly tech savvy and dont know what to do. I've tried to clear cache as suggested but nothing is helping. It's so frustrating. Can anyone help?
0 Likes