Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S21 ... New Exynos 2100 Processor... Have Exynos closed the gap in performance against SD ?

(Topic created on: 16-01-2021 03:42 PM)
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

Here is an interesting article that is discussing the new Exynos 2100 vs SD888... 

Exynos 2100 vs Snapdragon 888: The tables could finally be turning - SamMobile

Indications and comments from many reviewers in the know, seem to believe that the gap has closed and in fact the 2100 could outperform the SD888 in multi-core benchmarks.  

Only time will tell when more testing has been completed... but I will certainly be hoping that the yearly problem that occurs between the U.S. / SnapDragon market, and European and Asia markets, will have a lot less to worry about for the S21 and future releases, if Samsung have in fact considerably improved the latest Exynos to a level performance between the two.  

I am sure this will split opinion, as it usually does... but feel free to post your comments on this subject.  

🤞🤞🤞

Kind regards

Smiley 😃

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

From a CPU point of wiew the 888 and 2100 share the same cortex A cores and the same X1 core and both socs are built on the same node by samsung.

However samsung advertises higher peak speeds, it will remain to be seen if the peak speeds will mean also higher sustained clocks or under load the cores will reach the same frequencies of the ones of the 888 under load. Pushing higher clocks will mean more power consumption, whether a lot or a bit depends on the voltage curve of the a78 which has yet to be disclosed and also by a few other factors, however it is probable that samsung pushed the cores higher on paper and a lit bit higher in benchmarks to get a little bit higher numbers, so i will call the cpus equivalent.

We'll need to see how the adreno and the mali stack up however i would not define it a concern because gpu graphics are never leveraged completely in any case.

So i think that where the exynos goes the snapdragon goes and vice versa, let'shope that the X1 is not another M5 and it should all be good finally again