Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S21 making loud screeching noise

(Topic created on: 11-01-2022 09:04 PM)
emmap
Student
Options
Hi everyone. I'm hoping someone might be able to help. My fairly new Samsung S21 is making really loud high pitched screeching sounds when I'm on a video call and my partners phone is anywhere near (even in the next room). It sounds like a whirling high pitched alarm and it only eases off when he moves his phone much further away.  Does anyone know what might be happening and how to fix it?
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Ubayd
Explorer
Options
This could be due to interferencs from different sources such as radios or other network connected devices. On your WiFi network, see if you have the ability to switch to a different band of wifi such as 2GHZ or 5GHZ
emmap
Student
Options
Thanks, I'll give that a go!
0 Likes
CathyH1
First Poster
Options

Did anyone resolves this? I have a new S21, less than a month old, which makes a screeching sound when on a video call. The person on the other end says its unbearable. It does it when I'm in the house, sitting in the car, so in different environments. 

0 Likes
Carl1975
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same thing, a loud piercing screech that I can not hear but the person on the other end can. No resolution anywhere that I can find and Samsung themselves are pretty useless

0 Likes
AnnT2
First Poster
Options
Mine makes horrible screeching instead of alarms & voice alarms. I think this happened after I installed Spotify
0 Likes